088 pedestal to valley pan grommet

Deezelcaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my research, the 088 used the factory cdr to valley grommet which I believe is part #E8TZ-6A892-A?
Is this what I need? Where would I get one quickly? Is there a more available option? Thanx in advance for the help?

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, 42344 is NOT the right gasket for the 088 pedestal. Not even close to fitting. 42317 is the one you want. It will slip over the bottom of the pedestal and then just use plenty of RTV to seal it to the valley pan. I haven't found one yet that actually fits inside the pan AND fits the pedestal.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i purchased the new valley pan/ intake gasket. it came with the correct grommet
it actually came with a few of them.
it was a dorman intake set.

here is another option.

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...tilation-system-turbo-emission-reduction.html

Here are the part #'s including the valve and both rubber grommets:

Valve: E3TZ 6A665 A
Lower grommet: E8TZ 6A892 A
Manifold Grommet: E3TZ 6A892 A

I replaced mine in 2010. I think I got it from a Ford dealer.

the CDR grommet was actually for the 6.9
easily cut for the 94 block i have for the valve cover.

Last edited:

Deezelcaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered it from my local dealer. It comes with the tube which I don't need. If anyone has a good grommet and a bad tube you are welcome to it. The whole thing was $7. Thanx for all the help.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was already in the Parts Bin, but I've annotated it to include using it with the 088 turbo.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sure happy to see we have a grommet available now. Running these older rigs its tuff when a needed part is no longer available. Then we made do with RTV applied heavy. Before using it please clean off the area with brakclean or it wont stick or seal.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
question.
ive heard alot about this parts bin.
but i cannot find it!
where in the HE doublehockeysticks is it?

Josh_Deal

Reaction score

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?5384-THE-PARTS-BIN

I just ordered the factory cdr to valley grommet from my local dealership but noticed it has a long tube attached to it. Can i just cut this tube off flush with the top of the grommet and push the pedestal down into it?

i searched through there many times and couldnt find it. but im 6 beers short of a 6 pack!
Thank You! its book marked now!

yup, thats what i did. the CDR's and the turbo pedestals are the same diameter.

Josh_Deal

Reaction score
Does anyone have any specs on the E8TZ-6A892-A grommet? I ordered one last night to use with my 088 pedestal but i am not so sure now that it will work. Others have said that the cdr tube is the same size as the 088 pedestal but i measured them last night and it is way off. Without calipers, i measured the pedestal nipple od at 1-5/16 inch and the id at 7/8 inch if i remember correctly. The cdr tube measured at od 1 inch. IDIoit said he just cut the tube part off of the E8TZ-6A892-A and the pedestal just slid right down into the grommet. Am i missing something here?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The grommet with the tube will not work with the 088. Ill post a pic of the 2 pedestals when I get time so folks dont make batch "this works" statements. All pedestals were not created equal.lol