Introducing TOTAL MOOSEPOWER!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think so. It's the hypermax piece I believe. Mel is a hypermax dealer if memory serves.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's going to be a bit of a sticker shock to many once the price is posted.:D

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back of the envelope calc and figure a small bundle discount says, yeah, it's not going to be cheap. I don't want to speculate hear but he alluded to a ball park in response to one of my first posts.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel, that sounds like a great engine. Matter of fact, very close to what I used to build my 6.9 for hauling duty. I've sunk of few more $$$ into other things for mine, but that's a dang solid platform for a reliable hauling IDI engine.

One thing I'd add to the "good idea" pile.... Changing all your 6.9 crate engines to the newer 7.3 rocker arms. Make sure to check and see if decking was needed on the block and/or milling of the heads. Either may warrant reduced compression height pistons with that change in cam timing. Other things on the heads that are worth considering... valve guides and inconel or stellite faced exhaust valves.

Heath

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my IP with smoke puff limiter installed and calibrated to the pump from Mel. The SPL isn't cheap. Add about $300 to the pump cost.

tnthielen

Reaction score
I would even add that with all the issues of having inexperienced mechanics not knowing how to time or tune these engines, having a built motor with all the goodies built by one of the best, seems to be a great way of getting that "forever" motor.

I'm extremely interested in this for my project next fall...

-Todd

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on no one knowing how to time these things. I only know of one shop in the area that even knows what these things are but I have never been impressed.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All good feedback and ideas everyone! Thank you. I am definitely going to try and get all the latest upgrades into the 6.9 as Heath suggested. However, I do know that my IDI customers are price sensitive. Easy to swap out things like rocker arms might be an optional upgrade. We will see. The engine is being torn down currently. My project is a low priority for my builder to keep the price as friendly as possible.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I believe only the 7.3 rockers are the type thats available to us these days. If I'm wrong someone please correct me. Sending bad information out is not my idea of fun and giggles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86