Introducing TOTAL MOOSEPOWER!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm excited to tell you about a new project we are working on at Conestoga Diesel Injection, for our loyal IDI fans. I'll probably get bashed for not having all the specs, prices etc., like I usually do, but when we do something new, it is usually with all you guys and gals in mind, and not for some kind of bragging rights or what have you. Therefore, I don't mind sharing with you our intent to deliver to the community a line of completely Moosed crate motors. That's right. In conjunction with a very capable and trusted industry partner, we will be offering whole exchange engines that have been completely rebuilt, and thoroughly equipped. Our first engine is going to be a 6.9 based motor with all the things you would expect... head studs, Typ4 cam, Bull Moose pump, Moose Mister injectors, and Moose Boost turbo system. Our rebuilder will be going over the engine entirely and we are of course replacing all the components that you would expect to buy in any remanufactured long block. We will also be able to publish (for the first time I believe) crankshaft HP and torque specs, thanks to their in-house engine dynometer. This project is just getting started, and we hope to have our first production engine by the end of the year, so we are starting to take orders. My hope is that we can be an alternative to those of you contemplating a major overhaul or engine replacement. I'm sure there will be a lot of questions, and most likely suggestions, and as always your input is extremely valuable. We have been very busy, and my time here has been limited of late, so please be patient with my responses. You all have helped us have a very successful year, and I hope that you can see we are trying to give back to the community by expanding our offerings and continuing our tradition of being the #1 source for IDI support. Best wishes to you all for a happy autumn season!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel, that sounds awesome! There are not a lot of choices for IDI power replacement. Are you thinking complete from intake to oil pan exchanges or are you doing some assembly required (long blocks with the goodies installed)? Will there be options to add or subtract the goodies or will it be one size fits all? Do you think you will be in the ball park of say a promar long block with the goodies installed?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. I have been thinking a lot about power plant the last few days so it's on my mind. A drop in ready crate engine at the right price is a really attractive option. Thanks for thinking of us!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hitting the right price point will be tricky. The goal is to make it a drop-in, with exception of your accessory drive, as people like to choose V belt or serp and all that. There is no way to make the price the same as a Promar with all the Moose stuff on it. More like the price of a Promar AND the Moose stuff. But... it will already be timed, and pumping out the horsepower WITH a warranty, and that is a good value.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is awesome. I just wish a had a wack of cash laying around, I'd ship my truck out to PA and have Mel do all the work and have me a real truck! I love these IDIs and a Huge Thank-you and shout-out to Mel for the work he's put into this!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would expect it to be in that range and promar only sells long blocks. Warranty is always good.;Sweet

Heide264

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my hears perked up, for sure. May be hearing from me in a year or two when my truck engine finally gives out completely.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a good option.. as i am one of those thats contemplating a new engine or engine swap..

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kit kit kit kit! Did I mention kit? I'd be willing to bet that a configurable full Moose rebuild kit would sell well alongside crate motors.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VERY COOL!!! ;Sweet

Just out of curiosity, have you and/or the people doing the work on the short block looked into doing the cylinder honing with a deck plate in place? I remember this video being posted a while back, showing how it's possible for the cylinder block to be distorted with head studs installed enough to cause additional blow-by...granted, this was on a 6BT, but I thought it might be worth considering when going through an IDI block and prepping for studs as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cLjdr2GSwU

Also, any consideration towards using higher-strength valve springs?

bad67ford

Reaction score
Awesome Mel ,Its good to see that you are bringing idi performance into the mainstream.I was just about to call you for a turbo lol . looks like I'm going to go the total moose power route. Keep us posted can't wait!!!!

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is awesome. Even though with a current rebuild I (hopefully) won't be buying anything but an ip anytime soon, would have been a potential buyer even a few months ago. A kit offering alongside is a nice idea someone mentioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk