What do you like about you IDI?

StangFast42

Reaction score
The total package of simplicity, reliability, economy, durability, (power :dunno) all wrapped up in a classic good looking package...can't go wrong.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I don't have to worry about it getting ripped off! ;Really

Just joking...

Simplicity, ruggedness, cost of ownership, having that smokey diesel aroma in all your clothes, having something to tinker on when the wife kicks me out of the house, being able to set a truck up exactly how you want it and not be in debt to the bank for the next 60 months (by which time you've paid for the truck three times over!!!)

What's not to love about an IDI???

Plus, the added bonus of the support and comradery of the folks here on OB.net :hail

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simple, reliable, all mechanical, and old. The main reason I LOVE my truck is my father and I did a complete rebuild on it (frame off) and it will never leave my ownership.

Heath

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love that i can go on a cold(5*F)day and cycle the plugs 4 times and she hits right off and it rattles and smoke where as my ex gf's 03 CTD take forever to start and i don't sound/smell like a real truck should. and it don't break the bank if you wanna add some extra horses;Sweet

plus i'm the only guy with a 4x4 diesel at school. a couple guys with first gen 2wd dually cummins but no 4x4's

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
The total package of simplicity, reliability, economy, durability, (power :dunno) all wrapped up in a classic good looking package...can't go wrong.

+2 ;Sweet i love idi's yeah its not a cumminscookoo but not everyone has one to:sly and you can never go wrong with a good ole peace of farm equipment:D IDI FOR LIFE:hail i love the low end power, i can out pull my budy's powerstroke's all day long;Sweet and 18-20 m.p.g. is real nice to;Sweet

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Its easy to work on, No computer or electronic BS to affect the way it runs, No e check, parts are cheap and its reliable.

Its also been known to make moded dodge :puke: cumaparts look slow hehehe :sly

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low cost on parts if needed.
Once turboed just as much power/torque as a newer DI.
Initial purchase price low.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reminds me of how I liked my women before I got maried....
cheap, easy, and you can ride them hard for a long time before they complain

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me ask a better question... Whats not to like LOL

I have had three trucks and drive many other peoples. It might not be the easiest truck to drive, but I like it more than any of em. I can have a little fun with it, knowing that if anything breaks I can fix it for a fraction of the new crapola. Its just a workhorse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online