Injector shelf life?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long can new in injectors sit and wait for their owner to get their act together to install them? Is there harm in them sitting?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The above posting is mostly correct.. But like bread left out of the bag. they will slowly go to pot.. You should send them to me..:eek::sly:angel:
As Calvin posted. Kept high and dry they will last forever. Even longer if you can put a small bag of desiccant in each one of them if they are individually bagged. You can dry desiccant by placing it in the oven for a set amount to time and a set temp. The stuff really never goes bad. Sadly I do not recall temps and times but am sure Utube has a vid on it. That stuff is found in many different shipping box's and items from many different sources.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually store injectors in metal coffee cans full diesel or motor oil. Always made the most sense to me to store them wet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry to much about them if they all have the plastic plugs/caps on them, there probably full of fuel or testing fluid in them. My guess is about a year. Get your a$$ busy and install them, four hrs should do it.:dunno:D

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Vacuum seal them with your food saver. I use it for lots of things like bearings and welding rods. Also works great for trailer and bike registrations.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i recommend just installing them.it's a very easy job and your truck will run smoother,smoke less,have increased performance and get better fuel economy all for just an hour or two's worth of enjoyable work.;)

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
i recommend just installing them.it's a very easy job and your truck will run smoother,smoke less,have increased performance and get better fuel economy all for just an hour or two's worth of enjoyable work.;)

Unless you have a turbo those back passenger side, Ugg

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is going on the turbo truck. I had to sell the house to get a place I could work on without an HOA.
Then I had to get the camper truck up and running and safe for rally
Then I have to get my naughty centurion brake line repaired to sell (heeheehee)
Then I can tow my centurion here to get wheel wells repaired and injectors on

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel