exterior work

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
Yesterday I started body work on the truck and needless to say it will take a while as im by myself and the damn paint on the truck has decided to chip everywhere. Also there are the "memories" that my party and muddin filled high school years left on the truck to fill in with bondo. I never noticed just how many small dents i had in the truck until i started the sander moving lol. anyways the hopes are to eventually have new two tone blue and white paint and all new lights and much much more.

Anyways I know i saw white face gauges and chrome euro style tailights and also some chrome cab lights. where are you guys gettin these from.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Yesterday I started body work on the truck and needless to say it will take a while as im by myself and the damn paint on the truck has decided to chip everywhere. Also there are the "memories" that my party and muddin filled high school years left on the truck to fill in with bondo. I never noticed just how many small dents i had in the truck until i started the sander moving lol. anyways the hopes are to eventually have new two tone blue and white paint and all new lights and much much more.

Anyways I know i saw white face gauges and chrome euro style tailights and also some chrome cab lights. where are you guys gettin these from.

White face gauges and chrome euros can be sourced from fleabay

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
awesome thanks i got a good bit done on it and found out that i do have rust on my truck. the cab corners have a few little bitty pinholes but i fixed that with some fiberglass I will try to get some pics up tommorrow but it will be next weekend before i can do anything to it as this is my only form of transportation.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
pics The first is of a fix to a dent in the hood somebody sat on the damn thing on one of those long nights

second is a dent and my bumper just going to replace that whole front peice right there because as you can see from the front view it is all bent up

third is my bumper i recently built that just needs paint and a set of lights in the grill gaurd

fourth is the tailgate, the ford lettering is gone and will be replaced by a diamond plate IH symbol in the center with my brand on the sides

Attachments

• 100_2344.jpg
    100_2344.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_2346.jpg
    100_2346.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_2347.jpg
    100_2347.jpg
    808 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_2348.jpg
    100_2348.jpg
    803.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
more
first is a dent that isnt finished yet my dad swung a tractor implement into it right there that spot is an utter pain to shape

second is where my bro hit it with a forklift havent even started that one yet

third is where the back bumper got folded into the bed(damn tree jumped right behind me! or maybe it was the beer that made it seem like it was moving)

fourth is my cannon thats 4in comin out the back and the tip is 8 in(actuallly had a guy bet me that he could fit his whole head in it..needless to say he wasnt white when it came out)

Attachments

• 100_2350.jpg
    100_2350.jpg
    676.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_2351.jpg
    100_2351.jpg
    758.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_2352.jpg
    100_2352.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_2353.jpg
    100_2353.jpg
    951.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
more..nothin important just figured why not while i had the camera out there

Attachments

• 100_2354.jpg
    100_2354.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_2357.jpg
    100_2357.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_2358.jpg
    100_2358.jpg
    818.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_2359.jpg
    100_2359.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Looking good man. More power to ya. I flat out hate body work, don't have the oatience for it LOL

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
well this was only my second time attempting body work so im just kinda learning as i go but i would hate to be in a hurry doing it. Thats why i started it now i prob wont get a chance to paint it until thanksgiving or so but i wanted to have plenty of time to get everything ready. where are you goin to school in texas again i would love to finally get to see that truck in person i have drooled over it since i first saw it.

also is there anywhere to get chrome or even clear cab lights??

Last edited:

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please tell me you're pulling the dents and not just filling in with bondo. if it's thick, it tends to fall off.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
ok so not much progress except the hood is pretty much done and I did get my bumper in primer and a few more dents fixed but I have a question.

the truck will have a two tone blue w/silver metallic and white paint job and I was thinking black bumpers but I can't really decide.

what should I do the bumper in I will be spray canning it. I bought some of the hammered paint that is supposed to have a rough finish. I also bought some gloss black, and some black with silver metal flake.

I am also open to other suggestions as far as color or paint scheme. I will try to get some pics later my gf has the camera and she is at work.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rubberized undercoat if you like the rough look and it holds up really well just get the rubber nozel one not the spray paint nozel can