ZF-5

Chubbs090

Diesel-holic
Reaction score
Ok up here at wyotech you start thinkin crazy.cookoo I have a chance to get my hand on a turboed 3208 Cat. How would i mate this up to the ZF-5?:dunno

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to find an SAE adaptor for the block that has a Ford transmission bolt pattern. Not sure on the sizes or if one even exists for a 3208 to ford.
Find out what size the engine is and go from there.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
They used them in bigger Ford trucks, so maybe there is a plate available to adapt from them. I know they didn't use a ZF5, but the bolt pattern may be the same.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
is that engine a engine thats been on a stand for 30years and has been finger f^@ked by every student taking the diesel program if so i would steer clear from something like that

Chubbs090

Diesel-holic
Reaction score
ok its not a "techer" engine a guy the works for clevland bros. cat has 3 of them. ive heard somewhere you can take the pump off and put it on a 7.3

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chubbs090
You must be registered for see images attach

ok its not a "techer" engine a guy the works for clevland bros. cat has 3 of them. ive heard somewhere you can take the pump off and put it on a 7.3

if thats true that would be auwsome
that would be way awsome.:hail
I'd spend the time building an intake manifold for it in order for it to fit.;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I would say go for it ;Sweet.

You have to remember its a 10.4 liter engine.....even with an overdrive I doubt you could get double digits for fuel economy. It could pull a house, but fuel economy will way suffer.