Won's Start

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I had a problem with my truck on friday....i had it plugged in all night and i go to start it for school and it turns over but no bang...i had a problem with it starting before and i replaced the oil temp sender...now when the plugs turn on it puts a huge drain on my batteries and i know my batteries are on their way out...when i cranked it there was no white smoke which means it wasnt getting fuel...now it didnt crank over abnormally slow but it wasnt like it was when it is 70 degrees out either( it was like 30-40 on friday)...im thinking there is some switch that tells the injectors it is ok to fire when the oil psi is up to par, and i wasnt spinning fast enough to build enough pressure to trip that switch...my oil was less than 100 miles old when this happened......when my friend came over and jumped me and it started fine... it has done it in the past, and when i jump it everything is fine...i can let it sit and get completely cold and it will start but it starts and runs like a slug when i do this, my wait to start light stays on for like 15 seconds and it turns over really really slow but it will start and it smoke like a chimney when i do this...but this time was different because it didn;t turn over slow and all the other times it would fire this time it didn;t...any sugestions...Kev :confused:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
low/weak batteries = slow cranking speed=no start

Cranking speed is critical ;Sweet

I'd check batts first as you seem to be able to start from a boost, and have the starter draw checked as well!

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got new (well reconditioned) interstate batteries today...$25.00 each and i can't ever remember the last time i heard my truck trun over that fast...but we'll see...

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats a reconditioned battery?

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
???? My buddy got them for his truck and they work awsome...The case is not new but I think they change the electrolyte solution and maybe the plates inside.....his are a few years old and he runs the hell out of them...they don't have any warranty but for $25.00 and no core even if they only last me 2 years they're still worth it....they're 950 CCA and for the price of 2 reconditioned ones you can buy 1 brand new one...they also have blemished ones, where the case isn't the right shade white or the paint smeared or somethin like that and they are really cheap too...but they aren't really easy to come by, but im sure if you wanted you could ask a battery dealer in your area and they could get em for you...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online