WMO Filtering System-Needs Completion - $400 free shipping

WisdomWarlord

Reaction score
Looking to save money on diesel fuel? How does less than $1 per gallon? This system is just what you need!

$400 or best offer.

This system will filter your waste oil down to >1 micron. That's better than any fuel filter I have ever seen on any diesel engine.

You must be registered for see images

If this system was completed, I wouldn't hesitate to ask $750 for it. With a few dollars in assorted hardware store items and a few hours of work, you can have a system for close to half that!

None of these components have been used. They are all new but unpacked. I was going to build a filtration rig to run my diesel pickup on waste motor oil (WMO). Before I completed it,* I had to get rid of the truck. So now I need to sell this to fund other projects.

In the pics you see the items I have in this package. You don't have to research what to buy or where to get it, because I've done that all for you, and have almost everything you need right here in one box!

You'll get :
Homemade oil pump based on a positive displacement gear pump for a 396 Chevrolet engine.
Derale remote mount oil filter kit.
55 GPH PA Biodiesel Supply centrifuge.

This system will filter 55 gallons of dewatered waste oil down to less than 1 micron in just a few hours.

It does NOT have a way to dewater.
Dewatering is usually a simple matter of mixing RUG with the WMO to the proper viscosity, then letting the oil settle for a time, then draining the barrel from the bottom until there's no water. Then run this system to filter out into a product suitable for fuel.
That information is easily found on many forums, including this one.

I was* planning a 1/2" drill* to drive the oil pump. It's just as powerful as the typical c-frame AC motor but much less expensive. If you have a suitable motor, at least 1/2 HP, you could use a coupler with it and be fine. My thinking was that the drill is less expensive, and easier to find if it needs to be replaced.

What's NOT included :
A few pipe fittings to connect the outlet of the oil filter base. Any hardware store should have what you need.
Brackets to mount to a 55 gallon barrel. Again, your local hardware store will have you covered.
55 gallon barrel. I use Craigslist to buy them all the time.
Miscellaneous tidbits to mount things where you want them. Again, your local hardware store will have you covered.
Drive motor for the oil pump. Any 1/2 HP motor will do. A drill motor with a 1/2" chuck will work directly on the pumps driveshaft and shouldn't cost more than $40. Possibly as little as a $2-3 you find one at a garage sale.

Optionally :
A T-fitting and nipples
Second valve.

These optional items would be used to fully block oil to the centrifuge but let it flow thought the spin-on filter.

Feel free to ask questions, and thanks for checking this out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726