Will crewcab bucket seats bolt to SCab brackets?

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, will the front bucket seats from a crew cab bolt right up to supercab brackets? I know the CC brackets do not interchange with a supercab but a local guy is selling some nice seats and I was hoping the bolt pattern on the seats themselves would match up with my SCab brackets.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they are different. The cabs that came with factory buckets will have extra mounting points and reinforcing to accommodate the separate seats. The shape of the floor is the same on both versions, but if you try to bolt buckets onto a bench-seat floor, you'll end up with an weak setup and the floor will eventually crack at the extra mounting points. The bench seat is overall a lighter setup, and spreads the load over a wider area of the floor.

My solution was to build an adapter frame that uses the original bench seat mounting points, and then drop the bucket seats and center console onto that frame. I've done this twice and it works well. Aftermarket seats usually offer an install kit that works the same. The trick is to keep the adapter frame low enough and still strong enough to not increase the height of the seat compared to the stock driving position.

EDIT: One more thing. The crew-cab buckets may not tilt forward, so you'll make it much harder to access the rear seat. Ideally, you want to look for another ex-cab truck, or a bronco as a donor, if you're looking to swap in bucket/captain's chairs.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well thankfully Ford used the same bolt pattern on the seats themselves. All I had to do. was tap two additional holes on the seat bottoms and they bolted right up to my SCab brackets, plus the guy threw in some extra brackets for an SCab.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online