Which IP?

haymaker02

Reaction score
I am in need of a new IP for my '02 and I was wonderin' what you fellas would suggest. I don't want to put just any old rebuilt pump on the thing. I figure that if I'm going to do it I might as well spend the money and get the best one that I can. i've been reading up a little bit and am thinking either the hotrod pump from the industrial injection boys or the upgraded pump from bluechip diesel. Any advice that could be spared would be greatly appreciated. And I would really like to see some pictures of Whitmore's truck if possible. It sounds pretty sweet!

rubberfish

Reaction score
Very few need a hotrod pump.
A VP44 will support well over 500rwhp.
As for Whitmore's truck?
Didn't you hear? He wrecked it last weekend
coming home from his g/f house while all drunked up.

haymaker02

Reaction score
Ouch! That sucks big time!
Thanks for the insight on the pump. I'm not looking for an insane amount of horsepower and reliability is top priority. I think I'll look into the Bluechip pump more. It sounds pretty good. Thanks again and if anyone else has any more advice or suggestions it would be appreciated.

lazermule

Reaction score
On the pump side of things, as long as there is an ample supply of fuel to these pumps, how long will they last? Will the Blue Chip last longer than the OEM. I just picked up a Holley Blue to put in line with my stock LP because I don't like the FP readings I am getting. I was getting 10-11 at idle and 3-4 at WOT, now I get 9-10 at idle and 1-2 at WOT and I occasionally can get it to read 0 at WOT.

I did get the 216 code, but that was only when running programmed with the Smarty. I can't get the code to set when running the stock software.

So is my VP 44 going bad????