What rubber fuel line to use?

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm finally getting around to putting my holley electric pump on but I have been told that diesel and especially the WVO and Bio-diesel that I run will eat though the regular rubber line from auto zone. So what line should I get to be reliable and not worry about leaks in a fews months.

stiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't :confused: know how to do the link thing so you'll have to use the search function. type in 'need plastic fuel tubing'. the first thread has some info.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Biodiesel will eventually eat a stock rubber hose. Its a slow process though, mine lasted over 1.5 years with it. Then it didn't really leak, just turned to tar and I had to replace it. I would like to know where one can get the good Dayco stuff.

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys thats what I was looking for. Of course now I feel like a dum dum since I searched for about 30min and couldn't find crap -cuss . I stopped at Car Quest on the way home to see what they had and according to their books they sell low pressure line which is rated for gas and diesel or high pressure fuel injection line for gas and diesel also. I was going to get the high pressure stuff until they told me it was $8.70 a foot :shocked: So I think I gonna try the low pressure stuff for .98 a foot instead.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The high dollar stuff for fuel injection is made from viton ( according to the specs ) and will hold up fine thats what a few of the biodiesel/wvo places recomend. It should say SAE J30R9. an added benefit, it is rated up to 300 degrees in case you have it in a warm spot.

-------------Robert

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for teh good info Robert. Ha...I think I'd rather replace the hose every year or two than pay $50 for a 6ft pice of hose and have it last the life of the truck.

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep you just confirmed what the Goodyear guy told me today. I went to Auto Zone to see what they had and they carry Goodyear hose both normal low pressure and The high pressure stuff. I took down the part numbers and called Good Year to see what they had to say. The tech guy told me that that the low pressure stuff had a SAE 30R7 but it was marginal for bio-diesel and that the high pressure line would hold up fine to Bio with a rating of J30R9. Thanks Again for for the info I always like it when a non-partial source confirms something rather than just accept what a guy trying to sell me something says. Oh and Auto Zone only wants 6.50 a foot for the high pressure stuff still not cheap but at least its cheaper.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'll pay through the nose for most everything at carquest. I had to buy some inline filters there today and they were a lot more than my other sources charge!.