What do you think aboutBlack stacks?

91ford7.3td1in

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a set of black stack that im going to put on my truck sorry no pics dont know how to put them on here:mad:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
ehhh,I like shiny.Black just looks too rat rod or Military for a truck with shiny or semi shiny paint.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I'm going to paint my stacks the same color as my wheels, if I can find it in a spray can. If not, I'll go black.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I rattle canned the truck soon after I got it, I built the first set of 3 inch stacks and rattled canned them to match. Now im running 5 inch stacks off a peterbilt and guess what... They are rattle can black too! Im not a big fan of chrome or shiny. I like flat black, easy to fix and it looks mean.

punk

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I rattle canned the truck soon after I got it, I built the first set of 3 inch stacks and rattled canned them to match. Now im running 5 inch stacks off a peterbilt and guess what... They are rattle can black too! Im not a big fan of chrome or shiny. I like flat black, easy to fix and it looks mean.

punk

ditto... easy and functional

also... this thread got me thinking... how about drilling a bunch of small holes around the end of the stack... like maybe 2 feet from the tip?
It would be useless and just for looks... but would look really cool if/when you are dumping smoke... would look like the whole stack is generating smoke... not just the top

would never do it... just thinkin...

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black stacks - I like 'em, I got me one, miter cut so it looks more medievil. Of course the whole truck is also paited (rattle-canned really) black, again for the medievil look :D

also... this thread got me thinking... how about drilling a bunch of small holes around the end of the stack... like maybe 2 feet from the tip?
It would be useless and just for looks... but would look really cool if/when you are dumping smoke... would look like the whole stack is generating smoke... not just the top
Well, cool idea, but it would require that you have stacks that are 2ft higher than the cab ;p

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look awesome with the right paint job.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
The top of mine is black. Does that count?

Actually, I like the chrome stacks on my '49. The flamethrowers give them the purtiest blue color. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esandifer08