Vista Pro Radiator=JUNK!!

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you guys know what kind of luck Ive been having with a new Vista pro radiator I put in last summer. I ordered the radiator from Rock Auto and was disappointed to see it was made in china. Vista Pro used to be visteon witch is the OEM supplier for Ford. Not long after I installed I noticed it was leaking around this drain plug. Thought it was just the gasket but it was actually the solder joint. So I attempted to solder it up as best as I could not having time to pull it and deal with a warranty claim. Well now I see its also leaking between the fins in a few places. Coolant was new at the time of install to so its not a coolant issue. Needless to say Ill be putting in a new radiator in the future and it won't be a vista pro!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of coolant did you use? Many of the long life coolants are designed for Aluminum Radiators and not Copper/brass ones. They eat the solder.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since when is Visteon now Vista Pro? The Visteon radiators were made in Mexico a few years ago, purchased one a few years ago and no trouble with it.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fleetcharge
DingDingDing! Thats a Long life coolant and is very simmilar to Dexcool but with some added SCA's. Definatly the wrong coolant to use in a copper radiator. It would work well in an all aluminum Radiator though. You have a Radiator problem caused by the wrong coolant type.

At my shop We void any warranty if a LL coolant is used in a soldered Radiator.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Fleetcharge is pre charged conventional green. Think your thinking of final charge? Neither one contains 2EHA either.

At any rate Ive been running it even before I changed the radiator and I didn't have leaks with the old one.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DingDingDing! Thats a Long life coolant and is very simmilar to Dexcool but with some added SCA's. Definatly the wrong coolant to use in a copper radiator. It would work well in an all aluminum Radiator though. You have a Radiator problem caused by the wrong coolant type.

At my shop We void any warranty if a LL coolant is used in a soldered Radiator.

Never heard anything about that. What do you recommend then?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fleet charge is made for all diesel fleets, never seen it attack a soldered radiator. Got 100k with it in mine, so that isnt the problem.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard anything about that. What do you recommend then?

We use a low Silicate Coolant Made by Trinity. It's precharged for HD diesels. I've never found much info online about it. I do know that it's made from recycled coolant, nothin wrong with that as it's much more than just filtered and reused. It's in everything I drive and is very popular around here. Many of the oil change places use it too. They have a few different types but we refuse to use any Long Life coolants. The LL coolants sure seem to cause lots of problems regardless of the car brand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online