V Belt Picture

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Thats for the great pic from Banks. Not much you can do about the alt belt bounching. Some do this more than others. Some members have installed an idler pulley on the side that bounches and others have run a shorter belt for the alt. The short belt fits just the alt and the water pump pulley. It does not fit the crank pulley. It will reduce the belt flap. Sorry I don't have the belt number.

hmm I may try that. Ive read about that a few times, but can never get a part number or any kind of length on it so I can go buy one to do that.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
hmm I may try that. Ive read about that a few times, but can never get a part number or any kind of length on it so I can go buy one to do that.
Get you some string to fab up a mock up to get close. Buy some bigger and smaller, then return the ones you don't need. Easier than running back and forth with one belt trying to find one to fit. (Ask me how I know :lol )

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Get you some string to fab up a mock up to get close. Buy some bigger and smaller, then return the ones you don't need. Easier than running back and forth with one belt trying to find one to fit. (Ask me how I know :lol )

lol ill def try that. I dont know why I didnt think of that in the first place. I am always amazed at how many times we rack our brains and go through tons of work thinking of a million things it could be; and it end up being something small.

Just like when my belt originally went, I was on my way to graduate class and noticed the volts. Racked my brain all day in class thinking it could be starter going out which is why its hard to start, battery terminal corroded, batteries going out, or alt going out.

Then after a few days of everything testing fine, I notice its just the damn belt missing as I didnt notice it behind the other two cookoo

I also have to replace all my positive cables and negative/grounds and still trying to find the seller on ebay, or if it would be cheaper to go through tousley ford or try and order stuff to make my own smh. Also do you think it will bother anything with one of my valve cover gaskets being off sitting in the garage? The gasket went bad but for the time being I just set the cover back on in the garage until I get around to replacing it with everything else.

But curious beens its been cold, and that is no longer "sealed" between the cover and top of head; if it was cause moisture to setup in there in the oil? Maybe just me overthinking things!

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
OK guys, update. Finally got around to trying a couple different belt lengths and finally found one that worked best for me and is much better.

It was a 44 inch belt.

The 38 wasnt even long enough to get on the pulley, the 42 would get on but the spinning part on the alt was still to close to the bracket.

The 44 worked best as it put it right around the middle range of the bracket where you can still easily get enough torgue on the alt with a pry bar by yourself. Im sure anything close to that would work; as my parts store had 33, 33.5, 44, 44.5, etc but 44 is what I went with.

Again this is just for guys looking for a belt to run from alt-wp; as the stock setup of alt-wp-cs likes to flop around alot on the long left had side section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online