Transmission Problem

94turbo73

Reaction score
My brother in law has a 94 ford explorer with 4x4 and a auto transmission. we put the new transmission in his truck with one from a boneyard known to work. except now he has all the gears except overdrive. it has a vacuum modulator. could it be a leak in that line or something else. any comments would help i will try to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge. i aint a tranny person. so, dumb down the question for me

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I dont remember what trans went in that truck but I dont think its electronic (totally). If it has a TV cable (downshift cable) Make sure its adjusted rite. Make sure that the vacuum line is hooked up and has vacuum! Start there and post your findings
Ken

sassyrel

Reaction score
as nj said---me thinks thats all elec tho--if so, one of the shift valves is probably stuck---

94turbo73

Reaction score
yah its both in my book becaue it has a vacuum line going to it. it also has electric solenoids on the inside too but only two of them. would the speedometer not being hooked up cause no overdrive. i adjusted the kickdown cable and it helped the normal shifting but no overdrive yet im gonna hook up the speedometer this weekend and see if it helps

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what the world would be like without Over Drive??? I had someone tell me once that it could might be the computer? or something in the Wireing Harness for the Tranny..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online