Towing double without a hassle

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
You can tow doubles with 2 bumper pull trailers as long as u dont exceed your hitch specs. or you can haul double goosenecks. Ill post a pic of it. I tow both my 25' Gn's behind mine. I have 18" adjustable hitch for the rear of my one gooseneck that allows my rear one to be at the bed height of the truck. its just like towing and turning with doubles or triples on a semi.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Yeah I hate it that they cant just get all together on the same page. I am leaving for Tennessee tomorrow from Montana hauling double goosenecks loaded since we r moving down there. Had to buy fuel trip permits in Iowa and Missouri.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score

That link is wrong, at least for Mi, we are not allowed to have triples, and for doubles you can get away with a RR endorsement provided that both are recreational in nature, but the front trailer must be a 5th wheel/GN. Chains are allowed as long as they do NOT come in contact with the roadway, and towing/ truck speed limit on our interstates is 65.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
sometimes I haul my 5x8 open utility trailer behind my 5th wheel ( like in the picture in my avitar )when I want to haul my mobility scooter and kids bikes and other junk and I know the places that I'm going, but with that combination there is NO backing up, the pup on th e tail is too short, it jacknifes instantly, but at least the pup is small enough to cut loose and push around if you have to if you get in a bind.

Ever try to back up two pig roasters at the same time? I got quite good at that the summer I was 15 and we did 25 or 26 pig roasts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online