The amazing Snow Miser....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna testify to the power of this board, and the friendships that can and have been built here. 2 years ago, Doug Bensen helped me get the Air Conditioning working on the Moosestang. 1 year ago, Doug recharged the system for me, because it had a leak. Last friday, Doug drove an hour and a half, to meet me at a campground at 10:00pm, just so he could recharge it again, and turn around and drive back home. We were late pulling in, and he had to wait for us to show up. The weather was less than ideal. High 40's, and rainy. He wouldn't take any money. He wouldn't take any food. He wouldn't take any accomidations. He put some new O-rings in, in hopes of fixing the leak. He charged the Moosestang back up, from his own supply of precious finite R12, and drove back home. You don't get friends like that just anywhere. Here's a toast to the Snow Miser! :hail :hail :hail

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Nice,;Really to bad i missed the dyno event. i figure getting married is at least a good excuse:D

maybe i could hit him up for advice then, i finally got a donar for truck for AC

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaks volumes about his character. And R12 is worth more than gold right???:D LOL

You're a good man Doug.;Sweet

Heath

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
40 degrees? Air Conditioning? What's that? It's 100 degrees here today. No A/C. Black interior :thumbsup

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;Sweet ;Sweet

ive met a few people from the various boards that ive been on.i met 1 6 years ago when i joined that other site:)puke: :rolleyes: )we talk very frequently,and meet up any chance we get even though we are about 2 hours away from each other.even the same age just a couple days apart.i guess you can say he is the brother i always wanted but never had.met a few others in the same state as him.

ive personaly met GEONC and his wife.sat down for dinners,truck talk and cigarettes INSIDE the restaraunt.id be shot for smokeing in a restaraunt up here.but they were very nice people!!!hope to do it again sometime soon.and hope to be able to load up my quad and stay down there for a bit when my life is back on track.

spoke with oldmisterbill a few times on the phone.never did get to meet him while he was here.either one of us was too busy or we were to far apart and would mess up his schedule.but maybe someday we will meet up.

and there are other here and SDD that i would like to meet someday and hopefully i will.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Good to hear that all is right in Oilburner land...Buddy's are buddy's wether they be nextdoor or online....I tried to recharge my A/C the other day, it leaks out around the pump shaft seal in the winter (I think)....I can pressure test it to 150psi (nitrogen) and it will hold it for a joke....I converted it to 134A last year and those friggin CarQuest R134A fitting kits are junk....As soon as I took the high side line off the schrader valve stuck open and I had to recover the charge again.....Now I need new fittings again....I need my A/C working, me and heat don't get along so well....LOL

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Just fill it up with R134a and be happy. I haven't converted anything and it's been running really cold for years.

These boards do rock though, nice people on here, some weirdoscookoo :rotflmao , but most are really cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online