Tach sensor

93iditn

Reaction score
My in laws truck had the same problem with code 14. I ended up having to replace the entire psom to fix it.
I’m going to try and pull it this weekend and see if anything looks suspicious. I’ve seen a few places online where you can send yours in and they replace and worn capacitors and such. $180 or so. Probably worth s shot

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I had went to the wrecking yard and picked up a few, they were something like $20 each. I gutted the cluster just for the psom so I didnt have to buy a whole cluster.

93iditn

Reaction score
If you get a used one, is the only thing that will be is the mileage?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
If you get a used one, is the only thing that will be is the mileage?
You can desolder the eeprom chip that stores the mileage and tire size and move it over. That is also what I did.

You could just reporogram the tire size and send it too, both are good options.

93iditn

Reaction score
You can desolder the eeprom chip that stores the mileage and tire size and move it over. That is also what I did.

You could just reporogram the tire size and send it too, both are good options.
I may have to do some research on that. That something I’ve never attempted with the programming tire size and such. Thanks for the suggestion

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
@93iditn I'm cleaning my garage out and I found one of the spare psom's I grabbed when I was fixing my in laws truck, the chipset is good but the odo screen is broken. It is something that can be swapped out if you're interested in it.

93iditn

Reaction score
@93iditn I'm cleaning my garage out and I found one of the spare psom's I grabbed when I was fixing my in laws truck, the chipset is good but the odo screen is broken. It is something that can be swapped out if you're interested in it.
Oh nice. Yeah I’m not really concerned about mileage display. Just let me know how much you want for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online