Super Duty IDI????

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Strange. Wonder why they don't show photos of the engine. I never get with ads. You are taking photos, how hard is it to raise the hood!

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
I'll wager a guess it's in a area with lax smogging also? I'll be churning vehicles out of my shop later since i'll be living in a area with no smog required that will have all sorts of diesel designs in em. A pt cruiser for one

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't be leave that Ohio has any emissions laws, i know Michigan doesn't, and a pt cruiser with a diesel sounds interesting, as long as its not the factory engine in those its got to be better, those things are garbage

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! I like it. Ill be heading out that way the weekend after next, tempted to take cash with me

really not a bad idea, you get the modern look and comfort with the reliability of the idi, if its a turbo idi thats even better, if i had 4500 i would pick it up myself, truck is in good shape from the looks of it, if you happen to take a look at it let us know how it is, and if you buy it take pics if you would

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smother ride,
Better brakes
Heavier axels
Legally haul more

If its bolted to a 4r100 or zf6:
Better transmission

I probably won't have the time to stop, gotta run out that way, load a couple grain bins on the trailers and run back in a day.

Besides I'd probably have a very upset wife if I drug another truck home... Sure is tempting.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL yea i bet she might be a little upset, mine is trying to get me to see if he will trade mine for it, i told her there is no way in hell, mine has rusted everything

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the dude does a lot of bartering ya never know, even if you have to shell out a couple bucks you'd be upgrading a whole lot of parts if ya catch my drift

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This week I bought 4 trucks, 3 parts/ scrapers and a new work beater.

I can't imagine she's be very understanding on the 5th and how "I just had to have it" and " I couldn't pass up the deal". I'm about out of excuses....

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, but i got to much going on right now, and i am still paying on my loan for my truck so its a no go anyway, in all honesty though if i was to buy a super duty it would be a powerstroke

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I kinda feel the same way. Love the cheapness of the IDI but maybe someday ill buy a stroke and figure out how to work on it too. The unknown scares me and I know very little about them.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am **** a powerstroke swap into my truck, got to good of a deal to pass it up, and no matter if its a 7.3 idi, 7.3 powerstroke, or even a gas engine they are all 4 strokes and operate the same way, only difference is how fuel is ignited in the cylinder

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the inner workings, I understand HUEI injection system. It's all the little sensors, the troubleshooting them, the cost to replace them, being able to afford a truck with said engine, and never owning or working on one before.

If my IDI goes down, I normally know what it is, how to fix it, and probably have the part at home.

A stroke goes down and ill be scratching my head looking for a buddy with a scanner.

Like an old timer buddy of mine says "Not every one likes chocolate"