STOP THIEF!!! What you would do to make your IDI harder to steal...

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horrible idea. Thieves don't think that far ahead; they see it as easy pickings. If one see two cars, and one has the keys in it, that will be the one they take every time.

Been doing it for 20 years.a lock is only there to keep an honest man honest.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i actually dont lock my truck either, but its super ugly and nobody wants it :)

however, close to the border im sure they would love one with keys in it. The type of theif who would steal a 20-30 year old truck with keys in it would see it as easy picking.
the type of theif who would go after say a 2012 s500, would stay clear of one with keys in it...unless its a tweaker..

gandalf

Reaction score
My 1995 Dodge Caravan was stolen about a year ago. It was stolen in the late afternoon, in broad daylight, from the curb in front of our house. Both my wife and myself were in the house. It was found the next day at an apartment complex on the other side of town. It was found behind the apartment's locked gate, in the secured parking area. The thief has to have had a key to get through the gate, so he must have lived there. The police would not pursue the matter.

The thief simply wanted a ride home. I don't think he had any further interest in the car. My good camera and a toolbox were in the car. Neither was touched. Nobody who looks closely will want the car itself, though it runs well. Towcat has worked on that car, and mentioned something about getting a tetanus shot before going near it.:eek:

So, in my case it was simply a theft of convenience. They wanted a ride home. The officer who came to take the report had the comment, "Pretty ballsy of him, wasn't it?" He is apparently a fairly senior officer on the San Jose force.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online