spoke too soon

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
It seems like it never ends.

This morning (5:30 am) on my way to Monticello, IN to fish, which I haven't done in ten years, I lose my transmission. Then, the tow truck driver backs into the excursion in my driveway dropping it off.

Here's the symptoms. I have no forward or reverse gears. It's basically in neutral all the time. Oh, park works. There was no slippage ever, no overheating, shifted fine. All of a sudden cruising at 60, the engine revs up and I have nothing.

Torque converter?

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the torque converter or the front pump. If it were something minor, you would probably still either have forward or reverse in at least one range. Even with no electrical connections, E4OD's have 2nd and reverse.

I very rarely say this, but it sounds like you are going to need a replacement trans and converter.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Was there any odd sounds? Mine did the same thing except with a loud bang. It was the center support had sheared off.

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
Have you pulled the pan? If fluid level and color is ok, filter is ok, and pan looks ok (no more metal than to be expected) you probably blew a seal that holds line pressure. Maybe drop the valve body and inspect.
Good Luck
James

Black dawg

Reaction score
Ive seen this happen 2 times with c6s on both the input broke. both were diesels

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
when my c-6 went out it was the clutch packs that would not hold pressure, like the o rings. When it happened there was no sound,just the engine revving. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.