Slipping out of overdrive, but now ok...

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So took the truck on a trip that was 300 miles each way for easter weekend. Made it 100 miles or so and it started slipping out of overdrive at 70mph. Let off on the pedal and seemed not as bad at 60 but still slipped out. So turned off overdrive and drove 45-50mph for ~25miles, 10 of which was a 10 mile 6% incline hill, no problems.

Put overdrive back on when exited at a town, had a transmission shop there give their worthless opinion (told me it was eating itself and burnt which it wasn't). I'm not sure but I thought it did the slip thing even at low speed, but not if O/D was off, though memory might be fuzzy on the last bit. I did turn the truck off at one point.

Turned around, drove 125 or so miles back home being gentle on the throttle, with O/D on but keeping at 60mph. zero problems. I had it checked out at a transmission shop after I got back, and they couldn't find any issues. They said they checked electrical connections etc.

It's now been 2 weeks without issue. I haven't gotten under it myself to be sure all connections look OK. Other than that, any thoughts?