Sledpulls in the New jersey Eastern PA area?

swh22

Reaction score
There are some in central PA, The Buck is an awesome spot that has a couple pulls a year. I'm keeping my eyes open for "local" pulls too (recently moved from York,PA to Flanders,NJ). Let me know if you hear of anything and I'll do the same :yell:

Steve

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I only live about 15 minutes from you Cat. How 'bout we arange our own pull LOL
If I hear of anything I'll let you know.
Ken

Cat235D

Reaction score
After watching "Trucks" this weekend and that Duramax pull the lowboy and cat dozer i had to try it, and today i pulled dump trailer at my job with 92k lbs of wet shoulder stone. I was really suprised my truck did it and didn`t grenade the trans. Once i got it rolling it was a piece of cake.

diesele-rock

diesele-rock
Reaction score
yeah the buck is close and usually has about 5 pickup pulls a year ive pulled there twice and its fun easy and painless as long as you dont break anything

chris88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where about in Jersey are you NJken? I see Cat235 is in Jackson. My dads boss's yard is in Lakewood/Howell right on the border. Hes got a couple 235's down there. I live in North Jersey.

Chris

chris88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the summer there is a tractor pull at the Sussex county fairgrounds. If youve never been to the Sussex county fair you have to go. They have Demolition derbys and the tractor pulls and some other events at night. Its a real good fair though with a lot of farm tractors and its a fun time. From where i am its like 45 minutes to there. From where swh22 is it cant be more than a half hour or maybe a little bit longer.

Chris

swh22

Reaction score
I was at the Sussex fair two summers ago (right after I moved up here) and they had tractor pulls but it was all older farm tractors. Still fun to watch but not quite as exciting as the Buck ;Sweet I am really hoping to pull there this coming year. I think there are a decent amount of pulls at the county fairs in PA, you just need to find out about them. Lebanon Fair is one that I know of, but it's on a weeknight so that turns into a long night if you have to get to work the next morning :mad:

Steve

Hook_A_Chain

Reaction score
I'll probably be at the one in Sussex county this year as some of my family just boughta house up there, but my truck wont be ready to pull if they have a truck class.
Theres a few tractor pulls in Wyoming County Pa, which is 3 hours from me, and i live in Tinton Falls, NJ. I haven't been to any but my buddy up there has a old 70s ford with a badass 460 and wide 30" ag type tires that just sits in his barn that he used to pull width. I go up there quite often and on a few occasions have seen pull trucks being towed. I was also talking to a guy at a bar up there and told him what i was building and "i had to come out for the pull in august". I probably won't have it done by than as im just starting to build the engine now and have a lot of chassis and interior work i want to do also before i get it on the road to drive there. I'll try to find out where and when the one in august is if i get up there before than.