Selling my truck... '94 F-250 4x4 Turbo

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have owned this truck for 4 years and it has been a great truck. I have put a fair bit of work into it. It has only 114,000 miles on it. Inspection is good until 5/12.

This truck is a 7.3 IDI turbo diesel, backed by a 5 speed manual transmission and a manual transfer case. The axles have 4.10 gears.

Here's a short list of recent maintenance & performance upgrades:

Engine:
- ATS upgrade kit (no longer available) which consists of a 3"exhaust elbow for the turbo and a 3" downpipe. The truck also has a 4" exhaust. Max boost is set at about 12 psi.
- 4" intake pipe custom built by myself.
- Rebuilt injector pump installed less than 1000 miles ago. Pump is turned up 2 flats.
- Injectors are originals but were all pop tested and verified good.
- Injector return lines replaced 2 years ago, with upgraded EPDM hose and Buna-N O-rings suitable for biodiesel.
- Aftermarket fuel filter head with 2 micron filter.
- The current radiator is leaking, I have a radiator and will be installing it in the next couple of weeks.
- Carter electric fuel pump with 12 micron fuel/water separator located under truck.
- Glow plugs are on a manual pushbutton in the cab, I had problems with the original glow plug relay. Never had a problem getting the truck started.
- Factory block heater

Chassis:
- Truck received all new brakes (new calipers, pads & front lines, new rear axle lines, cylinders, shoes and hardware) app. 3 years/ less than 10K miles ago.
- Front tie rods & drag link have less than 20K on them.
- Upper & lower front ball joints & outer axle U-joints less than 1000 miles ago.
- Previous owner replaced rear spring hangers & shackles before I bought the truck. I replaced one front hanger that broke & will give you the other new hanger with the truck. So far the other one still looks ok.
- Superwinch manual hubs (installed by PO)
- MB Razor wheels (16x8) with $600 worth of new 285/75R16 Falken Rocky Mountain AT tires with less than 1000 miles on them.

Body:
- Fiberglass visor installed by PO
- Aluminum toolbox in bed
- Aluminum diamondplate bed rail caps & tailgate cover
- Light duty tiedowns installed in the bed by myself (very handy!)
- Bushwacker extend-a-fender flares. I repaired some rust on all four wheelwells, and...well, I'm no body man so it wasn't pretty. That's part of the reason for the flares, but they also look good.

Interior:
- Autometer full pillar with pyrometer & boost gauge
- Gentex autodimming mirror with compass & outside temp from a Chevy truck, custom installed by me
- The interior is in pretty good shape. There are no rips or tears in the seat but there are a couple cigarette burns from the PO. Carpet has some stains. This truck has a cloth bench.

Now, here's the bad stuff.

- Overall the body is in pretty good shape...there is some rust but not as much as you might expect. Overall the cab and bed are both pretty solid. The floor of the bed has rusted pretty bad around two of the bed mounting bolts as you can see in the picture and I'm not sure why. The bottom of the tailgate is getting rusty, I tried to fix when I first got the truck but it got rusty again. There are a couple small dings, dents and scratches.
- There is a hole cut in the floor of the bed from where I ran stacks on the truck for a time (under the toolbox). If you want me to fix it prior to taking the truck, I can weld a piece of plate in there to cover the hole.
- The paint is in pretty bad shape. Clearcoat is peeling off the hood, and the bed was poorly repainted previously so it doesn't look too great.
- I got the AC recharged last year, and it was fine when I was driving the truck every day (even over the winter), but when I let it sit for a couple months this summer it discharged itself again. A local shop charged me $100 when they recharged it which I didn't think was bad.
- The front bumper has some rust showing through the chrome and the backside of it is pretty rusty.

Overall this is a solid, dependable, great running truck. This truck was my daily driver until I got a Mustang, and I had intended to keep it for winter until I got a job with an 80 mile round trip commute every day- and it just isn't practical for me now.

I'm asking $5000 for this truck, but I am also interested in trading for a Subaru or 4 cyl, 4x4 truck or SUV. If you contact me about a trade please send pics and details.

You must be registered for see images attach

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah me too...I love the truck but I never drive it anymore...and I can't afford to drive it to work with current diesel prices. Plus I just don't need a truck this size, I've only ever hauled a trailer with it once in the 4 years I've owned it, and the only major thing I used the bed for in the last 6 months was taking stuff from my old place to a storage unit.

I hope to have another diesel someday :(

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I'd be interested but I don't have the money to buy it. Lost my job a while back and haven't gotten another one yet.
I know you've put lots of work into it and taken care of it.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Interested and able/need to buy are different. I would love to have your rig but if I bring home one more rig my wife will be pissed!!!

Thad

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I talked to a guy locally tonight who is interested, so I'm hoping he'll want to buy! We will see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12