Seatbekt retrofit? 84 f-250 supercab

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Seatbelt retrofit? 84 f-250 supercab

I'm wondering if anyone has done a rear bench seat shoulder belt retrofit on one of these trucks? Sure would make my children's boster and car seat safer. The other option would be to LATCH points welded on the rear of the cab. Ideally I would want shoulder belts. Any ideas?

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing that for the center position on my crew cab. So far, it's either rig something from a later model or I found this place in England that makes them up to size, but they are real proud of the things. A shoulder belt with an automatic retractor mounted over the seat and anchored to the floor , re inforced underneath should be a good setup, but a bit more research is in order.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Http://www.trubelt.com - made in the us.

Looks like I'm going to just buy a set for each corner of the rear bench and have my local Bronco/Jeep 4x4 shop weld some bolt detents in for mounting. I'm also wondering if there is a bucket seat config I could switch the front bench with, giving me a center console or something. Maybe one of those center consoles that flip up into a jump seat.

Main issue is the kids in the rear - specifically my 5 year old in a booster. In an accident with lap belts only he'd fold over like an omelet and his head would hit the back of the front bench.

Anyway thinking of doing the trubelt or the ones from JC Whitney. Either should be easy to fab in. The center position would be a bit hard to do. All I need is two slots in any case. I'd even sacrifice the read bench alltogether if I could figure out a way to secure the kids properly back there.

I've been thinking about doing that for the center position on my crew cab. So far, it's either rig something from a later model or I found this place in England that makes them up to size, but they are real proud of the things. A shoulder belt with an automatic retractor mounted over the seat and anchored to the floor , re inforced underneath should be a good setup, but a bit more research is in order.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That truebelt isn't a bad deal. Have you measured to see if it would be long enough to reach floor to above the window and back ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle