Return lines in a question & whats this ?

d41

Reaction score
Hey all, replaced my return lines yesterday, easy but ******* my bad back, anyway after all was done it fired right up and ran perfect no cranking needed ? So what is the thing (looks like brass) between the metal fuel line and return cap on the pass side front injector ? Also why don't I get any fluid water or fuel when I try and drain my filter ?
Will replacing the return lines make the truck run better at hwy speeds ? It sure does seem to, feels like more power & smoother.
Thanks,
Bill

d41

Reaction score
Sorry about that ,Another question What is that big thick piece of foam underneith the air cleaner ? Looks to me like it would limit a lot of air flow, Is it needed, Don't live or drive in dusty conditions. Can I ditch it ?
Thanks,

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The brass thingie you're talking about is to help the piezo sensor when timing the truck. Eliminating air in the feul system is always a good thing to do and you're feeling the effects.
the foam thing tells me you have a wastegated ATS system...right? If so, you can ditch it but do watch the air filter condition. Imho, its too small for the turbo and clogs up too easily.

d41

Reaction score
Re:

Thanks,
The turbo says Garret on it, I change the filter maybe 5000 miles ago and it is pretty dirty, Would removing the foam from underneith the filter give me a noticable differance in air flow, What are the chances if I do remove it that I would get a lot of dirt/debris through the turbo, I have read of folks putting in cowl air or cold air intake but I don't know if I want to cut the truck.
Thanks,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online

No members online now.