Rem. Engine, Tranny ???

kolo

Reaction score
I just picked up a 92 F450 at auction, almost accidentally cause I threw a low bid at it sight unseen and no one else bid. I drove it home and after a new fuel filter seems to run good. I have a 97 Powerstroke but now find that this is the 7.3 IDI. Trucks has 178K but I have discovered that the sticker on the engine and auto tranny say remanufactured. The engine is HESCO LLC out of Kentucky, Tag says the following. 73 ID 7006C Bore O.S. 7.3 IDI, main brg. 185 hp, rod brg. 6.9 Eng # LD-562022.
Trans is and E4OD with a sticker that says remanufactured it has bar codes and the following. 6251-31 R2406505 F2T27V000SRM not sure if this is a Ford Reman.
Can anyone tell me about the above from the numbers , approx. when rebuilt and who the tranny is from. Thanks. This IDI seems kind of cool with more power than I had expected. Maybe a turbo upgrade later.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no clue, but here is their website with contact information:
HESCO PARTS

They are in Louisville I guess. It seems they rebuid motors and trannies. They may have done both.

Give them a call with your numbers and information and let us know what they say.

Heath

sassyrel

Reaction score
the one thing id be nervous about--it says bore os--oversize--and that aint cool on a 7.3--as the walls are thin enough already---as said---call them for the particulars--

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True but if it isn't cavitated already proper SCA maintenance should give it a long life. I would use the ELC from Caterpillar or Rotella but bear in mind that could give you oil cooler or water pump leaks especially if they are older and haven't been replaced recently. The E4OD is a POS, but has given good service if you can get it to communicate with the engine right and keep clean fluid in it. The F-450(F-Superduty) is way cool. I'd have one in the stable if I could justify it but we have too many vehicles already and I fear the insurance would be astronomical. Good work truck/tow truck etc. They usually are ******* fuel since they came with the 4.88 or 5.13 gears, that's why they have great power down low. They need it a friend of mine that had one said his was 14,000lbs empty.

kolo

Reaction score
paid 1 thousand for it, body is fair,corners and door just starting to rust, rockers OK, interior is fair. tires are about 85% X 6 with the duallys. Truck came off Cape Cod so underside of flatbed is rouhg and brake lines and fuel lines all need to be changed. Mostly scale on the frame and underside, if I get on it soon it will be OK. Did the brake lines, new fluid and bled system. Let me tell you the hydroboost with the rear disc has it all over my 97 crew cab, this thing stops violently. Truck is listed as having a 15,000 GVRW. I dont think this thing weigs 9,000 empty. To weigh 14K empty it would be going some. Rear axle is a monster, figure rear, wheels and tires, are worth the grand. Will need some time to shake it out to see if will be a keeper.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The F-Superduty parts are definitely worth something. There are many tow trucks on that chassis. You will find there is a big demand for the driveshaft brake, the bearings go bad and they are mucho expensive at the dealer.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to keep it and will part it out......I want to get in the front of the line for all the hyroboost brake parts please.:love:

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online