Rear Shackle Flip Question

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally getting the suspension on my rig ironed out. I scored a 6" lift off an F250 and got the leafs in the front and all is good there. In the rear it had stacked blocks which I am not real wild about so I am going to do a shackle flip in the back. Pretty set on the one from Sky Manufacturing but I am trying to figure out some particulars as far as getting the back level with the front height wise. They say there flip gives 4.5" of lift and corrects pinion angle by using 4" tapered blocks with the flip. So my question is will this set level with the front or will I need some longer shackles as well? Any have this on there truck?

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the one from ruffstuff specialties? That one gives closer to 6" of lift. Shackles are pretty cheap, so I wouldn't be too worried about it til you get it put together and see where it sits.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
ruffstuff is also 20 percent off this weekend till 6 pm WST. use the promo code FACEBOOK.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was building a woods truck I could the ruff stuff being a better route but for my rig the bolt on install of the Sky kit fits the bill just fine.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
ive got skys product in my truck and it sits level front and rear. it actuallly sits so level just the little bit of weight of my quad in the box makes it look as if its sagging hard. ive got the 5" front shakel reversal and the 4.5" rear with the 1" HD shakle along with the 4" skyjacker lift kit i run 385 70 16's and it rides like a tank.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I am just gonna order the flip kit and go from there. Anyone know a place that sells extended end links for our trucks front and rear? If I have to I can have them made but I would like to have some new beefier ones if I can find some.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Staff online