R2500 Mitsubishi Tractor ???

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just became the proud owner of a 2-cylinder diesel Mitsubishi R2500, complete with after-market double-acting loader and a 5-foot Woods belly-mower.

It came with a brand-new set of 11.2-24 long-bar/short-bar rear tires, the wheels being welded onto machine-cut adapter plates to make them fit.

I also got a second set of very wide 16" split-rim wheels with HUGE Firestone turf-tires; I figure these were original equipment.

The front tires were antique recap 6.40-15 snow-treads with the tread loose from the casing and just flopping around on one, and the other not far behind; I have already replaced them with new 3-rib DeeStone 5.00-15s.

What I do know so far :

These were only offered (and maybe only made) in 1972.

25-HP, 2-cyl., 73ci, engine code "2DR 10C".

What I would like to know :

Where can I get, or have someone copy, any manuals, literature, etc.

Lacking that, I need to know such things as fluid capacities and recommended fluids.

Replacement filter numbers.

What other applications this engine was used in, and what years.

Any information at all would be appreciated.

I know that there are at least two in existence, mine and this one :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190329231524&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Thanks.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://satohparts.com/tech.html

There is a lot of information here, on page 4 it mentions decoding the model number and the R prefix is mentioned. If you call the number on the site they are supposed to have manuals for your tractor.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://satohparts.com/tech.html

There is a lot of information here, on page 4 it mentions decoding the model number and the R prefix is mentioned. If you call the number on the site they are supposed to have manuals for your tractor.

Thanks so much.

I will for sure call about a manual.;Sweet

On edit :

That is more information than I have been able to come up with yet.

I just finished reading almost that entire site and plan to call them in the morning.

Last edited:

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
>>>> DIP STICK ON THE INJECTOR PUMP <<<<

I discovered a tiny dip-stick and a breather-capped oil-fill on the injection-pump itself (Nippon Denso pump ??I think??).

The dip-stick was bone dry, so I squirted in some 15W-40 until it showed FULL on the stick, maybe 4-ounces.

In my many years of messing with diesels, this is the first I have ever seen with this dip-stick/oil business.:dunno

Any information or experience anyone can share about this would be appreciated.

Thanks.;Sweet

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
decent little rig! my old man bought a brand newie 2 years ago...a massey with a loader on it and man, is it small! I wish I had a rig like that for plowing around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.