coryfast

Reaction score
mainly for a toy but will be doing a little towing on the farm

thanks for all the input it is greatly appreciated

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if all your gonna do is play around on the street the stealth would be a waste of money for you.you might also be fine with the stock HPOP.but a super duty hpop would be fine for what you wanna do.

coryfast

Reaction score
Rich

this may be a stupid question but the sd hpop will bolt right in place of the stock one or is their something else i will need. as far as getting a chip what chip would you reccomend and what settings would you advise having as far as hp wise in the chip. If i run the stage 2inj, chip, 3"dp, 4" exh. would i have problems with egts when pulling loads around 20K

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the super duty hpop will bolt onto 96-97 PSDs.95s will need a few mods for it to work correctly,not a real big deal.as far as chip settings contact ryan bean at www.beansdieselperformance.com .tell him exactly what you want for power and what you want the truck to do.ryan will set you up with just what you need.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh and if your going to be loaded heavy you will also want an intercooler. geoff at www.GTS-motorsports.com makes a nice kit to install a superduty 7.3 or 6.0 intercooler in the older trucks.

coryfast

Reaction score
i was wondering if there is anything i should upgrade in the motor that might not withstand putting the bigger injectors and the chip in. I dont want to do all this work and then have to pull it out to upgrade something i should have done in the first place. Also i was looking at installing the rsk and didnt know who everyone recommended i was looking at the kit sky made didnt know if there were better ones out there.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only thing that will need to be upgraded is the turbo.but keep the boost under 28PSI it will be fine

coryfast

Reaction score
flywheel guestion

i will be starting the psd project mid april and decided that i would stick with the 5sp. out of my idi versus running the auto that came with the psd and my question is will the flywheel need changed for the 5sp.

coryfast

Reaction score
just got on there website going to order a new flywheel and the ofe clutch, should i get the single mass our dual mass flywheel setup are there any advantages to running one over the other.

thanks for the help
Cory

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
single mass all the way!!!!!!trust me its better than the dual mass in every aspect.i still cant figurte out why any company would offer a replacement dual mass flywheel.

coryfast

Reaction score
gonna go with the southbend sounds like not very many complaints about them. Another quick question about the psd swap does anyone know if the motor mounts will need moved. that is the last big thing i am woried about and wanted a heads up if anyone knew for sure thanks again for all the help and input.
Cory

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online