Jacobo

Reaction score
I’m having low VSS signal (code 29) being thrown at me repeatedly and causing me to go into limp mode. It used to be intermittent and I could get it normal again by shutting down and Setting the key to without engine running and before starting push the reset button twice and it would shift like a dream. Sometimes that wouldn’t work and I would reset the PCM with my code reader, but now it’s constant. I’ve replaced all electrical peripheral sensors, using Motorcraft. My tachometer and speedometer needle’s are steady and accurate but, in D I’m having hard shift at incorrect speeds and erratic torque converter lock-unlock. I have inspected and cleaned and greased all wiring harness plugs and I think I’ve narrowed it down to the PSOM dropping VSS signal. I know I need to get the cal code and order a rebuild or send mine for the repair but I am in a rush, I need to drive from Bay area to LA in a couple days.... I’m wondering if I can swipe one from an Aerostar, Bronco Ranger even a gasoline F series? I know the odometer wouldn’t read the same but this would be temporary, till I get a shipment from ClusterFix.
Can I go to the scrap yard here and get any 90’s Ford PSOM board and plug it in or are they model-engine-fuel-gear ratio-altitude specific? There’s a few gasoline fueled f-series trucks in the local yard but not a 93’ idi na. I’ve also heard that for 94 and beyond there was an improvement to alleviate this foible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online