Problems with Edge Comp box

Whit

Reaction score
OK here the deal, I have had a Edge comp for like 2 years now and I like it alot, usually run on 2x2 99% of the time, I do have the pump wire pierced and it made a difference. If I put it up to 5x5 the truck can make some serious smoke so I know it is adding more fuel right, but on 5x5 it seams to be doggy and I proved it the other day in my test road, on 2x2 I can hit 86 mph to a designated marker and on 5x5 it will only do 82, I am still confussed as to what the adjustment is for on the sub level........................Sorry for not knowing my own equipment but I normally run on 2x2

By the way I thought it was the box so I sent it into Edge for a free replacment and the new one does the same thing exactly so I think the box is OK, Great warrenty (2 years)

Cheers, Kevin

Whit

Reaction score
TTT

anybody have a clue what is going on here? I was wondering if I didnt have enough turbo for all that fuel but I can hit 38psi boost, thats where I have the wastegate set.

Cheers, Kevin

MCummings

Reaction score
You are probably Overfueling.

The Sublevels are to adjust low boost fueling levels.

Take the truck out, and run it on 5x2 and see how much more speed you pick up.

4x3 might be faster on your truck

If you are familiar with 12V's, Sublevels are exactly like adjusting the AFC.

Merrick

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno Kevy, I'm not a Ram man but if you have alot of black smoke it sure sounds like incomplete combustion. Air up man, even at 38 psi you may not be getting enough air?

Mike

Whit

Reaction score
3x3 is my peak for times, I Figgered I didnt have enough turbo to run much past that, what I really need is prolly a PDR 40, but then my exhaust brake would have to be changed as well, I aint really lookin foward to that.

Cheers, Kevin

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck feels a lot stronger at 5X5 than at 3X5 where I run it 90% of the time (I dont give a hoot about the people behind me!!! :D ) On level 5 in the rain, I can get tire spin at 70mph in 5th gear (Flooring it at freeway speeds produces tire spin (Wet Pavement) at level 5). On level 3 theres no way it could happen.

Me thinks somethings wrong....

Check your connection at the pump, also - 38psi boost??? Which turbo??? If its a -35 then your drive pressure could be a problem. Check for oil in the CAC, maybe its time to clean it out??

My PDR -35 wastegate is only set to 32 psi. I asked Piers about wastegate settings and he told me to keep it less than 36psi.

Last edited by a moderator:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Kev, take 2 turbos and call me in the morning.:peelout

From what I've read and seen in person on other trucks, I'd go with a B1B or better yet Piers towing twins before messing with a 40. Go hard or go home. (Unless yer poor like me:frustrate )