problem with NEW fuel sending unit?

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found a place around here that sells discontinued ford parts and they had the sending unit i needed for my 89 f250 for $75 so i bought it.
once i got it home and checked it out i noticed that the metal float arm would move up and down but there is a small piece of white plastic right where it pivots, which is inside the resistor that is supposed to move up and down with the float but it does not always do so. I can move the thing by hand and then sometimes when i raise or lower the float this thing will also move but other times it will not. It does not seem to be connected tight enough inside and there is no way to fix it.

before i go through all the hassle of putting this sender in just to have it work sometimes but not always can anyone tell me if this thing is supposed to be that way or should i return it?
if my description is not clear i can try to take a picture.
thanks,
paul

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Fuel sending unit for our trucks is $28 at rock auto, don't recall but I think the one I bought is a motorcraft.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel sending unit for our trucks is $28 at rock auto, don't recall but I think the one I bought is a motorcraft.
That's w/out pick-up tube correct?
My local Ford has a complete unit $93.00 each, locking ring $12.00 my price.

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i could not find one for an 89 on their site - but if anyone else can please let me know, maybe i missed something.
thanks,
Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online