powerstroke problems

turbonator

gm diesel guys, AKA turbonator
Reaction score
hi guys.. a friend of mine just had a problem with his '00 powerstroke.
he was driving and the truck just quit dead.... he has been having problems with it blowing fuses... i am not a p.s. mechanic, i work more with 6.2l/6.5l so any leads or advice will be welcome... thanks in advance....

turbonator

Reaction score
it blows the bottom fuse on the right hand side of the fuse block... it is a 30amp fuse.. i dont know too much about the truck... and he only speaks french so he is no help.....:dunno

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unplug the fuel bowl heater, thats blowing the 30 amp fuse. The new style heater is real easy to change and won't short out. Remove the plastic cover, 2 nuts, under there is the fuel bowl about in the center of the engine. To change the heater, remove the filter, drain it by the valve (yellow handle) on the back side. Carefull you don't wreck the sensor in the bowl on the right side half way down. Pay no attention to the thing at the bottom of the first pix, only used it to hold the pkg. up.

Here is the new style from Ford or IH truck dealer $26.

You must be registered for see images

turbonator

Reaction score
Unplug the fuel bowl heater, thats blowing the 30 amp fuse. The new style heater is real easy to change and won't short out. Remove the plastic cover, 2 nuts, under there is the fuel bowl about in the center of the engine. To change the heater, remove the filter, drain it by the valve (yellow handle) on the back side. Carefull you don't wreck the sensor in the bowl on the right side half way down. Pay no attention to the thing at the bottom of the first pix, only used it to hold the pkg. up.

Here is the new style from Ford or IH truck dealer $26.

thanks old bull, also he said when he first turns on the key this morning, the glow plug light did not turn on, what would cause this?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
yupp the pcm, gpr, and fuel bowl heater is all on that maxi fuse. the pcm not getting power would cause it not to run.

zpd307

Reaction score
just had to do this....... the new updated heater, which the 02-03s all ready came with, will make it so that you will never have to worry about that problem again. ;Sweet

turbonator

Reaction score
Thanks guys, pushed the truck into the shop yesterday morning, -31'C (-24'F),here now. Just unplugged the fuel heater and tried a new fuse, didn't blow. So we stocked the wood stoves let it warm up for a 1/2 hour and she fired right up. He has a new style heater ordered now. Thank you for your quick responses.....jim&jeff. (merci du Ugo aussi......;Sweet)

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a pleasure "Merci boucoui" forgot my French spelling, anyhow thanks for the response back that that fixed the problem.