Power Loss! Help!

pwjackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, drove my truck about 12 miles the other day and then let it idle for about 10 min while I hooked up a trailer. (no lights I might add). I pulled away and moved about 50 ft and then the truck died like some turned the key off. Went to start it and got nothing. No power to gauges, or starter relay on the fender, had power to glow plug relay and brake lights that is it. After several minutes of fidigiting around it started. Don't know what I did but I have drive it a few times since and all is well, no problems. Could my ignition switch in the steering colum be bad?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.. The ignition switch "could be bad" or going bad but... Have you felt anything funny with the switch lately. What level were your tanks at. Have you fixed the suction heads in the tanks. If all the power was lost it might be a battery terminal. Time to pull them and clean em. Watch the volt gauge for any funy movements too. Thats an indicater of a bad positive or ground issue too. Any battery terminal thats warm after a start attempt is a bad connection. They heat up from all the extra amps trying to get thru the connection corrosion..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online