P Pumped 8.3 Cummins + Allison MD3060 price

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm helping my parents sell off what remains of the coach that they had (total'ed). It has the 325hp P pumped 8.3l Cummins, and a MD3060 trans. This combo moved that coach along awesome, thing was darn near a hotrod for the size (could pull 6% grades gaining speed, while grossing around 34K)

Today I decided to see if it would run. It has been sitting for 4 years. I threw a group 31 batterry into it, and held the FSS up (so the pump would be "on"), and it fired off instantly, I mean less than 1/4 second of cranking. It idled for 30 seconds then died. I knew that they drained the fuel tank of diesel...but it appears that when they cut the coach up (only the back of the frame remains, with engine/trans/axle/wheels/tires), the tank was up by the driver so the fuel lines where just sitting out...and it was running off the fuel in the filter. Anyways I'm planning on getting the coolant system sealed up, as the coolant lines went all the way up to the front, so if you put coolant in it will just leak out. Once thats done, I'll get it up to temp for a while.

So, how much should I ask for this? The engine/trans have around 75K miles on them, when the coach was wrecked. The wiring was cut, but I do have the shift selector thing for the trans. The engine starts fine, and runs awesome. The only thing missing is the AC compressor off the engine, as my parents gave that to their friends (who have the same coach setup, and needed a compressor). The coach was towed 20 miles to their house, I had the tow truck guy remove the drive shaft before towing.

I was thinking about $1250 for the trans, and somewhere around $3000 for the engine, package around $4000. Sound reasonable, or low? I dont know how much the axle is worth, probably not to much. The tires were brand new, but you can see where they locked up on the road when they crashed (****** bag pulled out from a side road onto the main road where they were traveling at 60mph, he was pulling a trailer and thats what they hit). It has Alcoa's on the outside, steel wheels on the inside.

I'm thinking I'll post on craigslist after I get it running, take a video of it starting, running, etc. I would rather not ship, but I guess that should be an option for easier selling.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Finally got all the air out of the lines...it takes a long time to bleed a fuel system when the fuel lines are darn near 30' long!

Started up yesterday after sitting all night. 30*F and it fired up instantly. I want to run it up to temp before the sale though.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
18-20* Cold start required about 3-4 seconds of cranking, with half of that it firing but not strong enough to stay lit (hence, the 3-4 seconds of cranking). No block heater, single group 31 battery!

First offer for it, trade for a straight 82 Toyota pickup. Parents said no go LOL. Here is the add for that truck.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4317575065.html

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Ended up filling it with coolant, and running it for an hour. Runs awesome. We have a buyer coming to pick it up today. Got the full asking price of $5000 for the whole thing, but we are also throwing in all of the leftover RV parts from the old coach (propane tank, water/grey/black tanks, propane heater/ducts, etc). He is remodling an old greyhound bus. It currently has an 8V71 and a V drive manual trans. Its a big project I guess, as there isn't really a frame but the shell basically holds everything together, along with an engine that sits sideways vs this one.

Now time to sell their Power Tech 7000 watt diesel Gen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online