No Start

aaklingler

Reaction score
What are the first things to look at? 97 5spd, i'm pretty sure it has some bad glowplugs but it was plugged in. Is CPS the next thing to check. It ran fine yesterday.

jvencius

Reaction score
aaklingler said:
What are the first things to look at? 97 5spd, i'm pretty sure it has some bad glowplugs but it was plugged in. Is CPS the next thing to check. It ran fine yesterday.

I'd take a gander at the GPR--try sticking a big screwdriver across the two larger terminals on the GPR to see if it starts. If it does, drive immediately down to NAPA or the IH parts house and buy a new one. Swapping it is a ~20 minute job from start to finish (beer and cleanup included) once you get the right sockets.

Aaron SEIA

Reaction score
Does the tach move when you are cranking it? If not, then it's probably the CPS. If it is, then I have no idea.
Aaron SEIA

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
even with out GP or the GPR it should have started with it being plugged in when it cranks does it smoke out the exhaust does the tach move does the wait to start light work just a few things to observe then get back to us

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the fuses in the under hood fuse box.i believe it is fuse number 22.if its blown,unplug the fuel heater,replace fuse and see if she fires up

aaklingler

Reaction score
it's my grandfather's, i'm not there so he sent it to the stealership. I'll let you guys know what the outcome is.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, weak batts will cause all kinds of goofy problems even if it seems to still crank good, if you change batt, change both at the same time.

jvencius

Reaction score
It could also be the oil level--if it's low enough, the injectors won't fire. I don't know if it would also cause a no-start, but that's something else to consider... :confused:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online