No start - dead batt

Scott

Reaction score
Joe,
Check your charging system for output. Pigtail A and F on wire connector off the voltage regulator for alternator output, do this for a very short while to determine full voltage output of alt. My glow plug control unit went south on me but didn't go bad totally it short itself out while it constantly stay on to drain my charging system. I was at a loss with the voltage drop that went to 6 volts after I finally got my engine running again. This all happened to me after a IP replacement. Bad luck hah lol
Your problem could be a starter going south but this is a check I would do. A charging system shop helped me over the phone with the gpcm. He told me to disconnect the 2 yellow wires leading to the gpcm and then check my charging voltage, what do you know? That was my problem a major short in the gpcm. Another $115 out of pocket Hope your answers come soon Just a little trick I learned the hard way Hope no one else runs across this electical nightmare I was going through. My electrical skills are novice level Humility is a wonderful thing Diesel Problems are new for me even though I have had this vechile for 12 years now it has 360,000 original miles on it Good luck

Last edited: