no fuel 24v cummins

dopeassjackson

Reaction score
so i drained my fuel filter housing and let it sit a few days while i got a filter. installed filter and filled the filter housing now i have no fuel when i crack the lines on the top of the filter housing. i have power and ground to the fuel pump. do these lift pumps go bad over night just sitting or is there some other issue that im missing? or do i have a massive air lock?

are you going to hear the lift pump running when i jump power to it?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Sounds like she's got to bleed the air out the system. If you can crack loose a couple three injectors lines and try cranking - just remember to not lean on the starter and let it cool between tries. Once you see some fuel bubbling at the injectors tighten them down and try starting the truck again - I like to give them some throttle while doing it as to help increase the volume of fuel being delivered from the injection pump. You may or may not hear the stock lift pump turn on. But you can leave the supply line loose to the filter and cycle the key and see fuel leak out. I have done this many many times on my buddies 99 cummins.

dopeassjackson

Reaction score
lift pump is dead. the winding went out on the motor. i got a FASS direct replacement on order.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726