nitrous is like a HOT chick with an STD, you want to hit it hard but youre afraid to.

acousticrawk

Reaction score
that being said, haha, how (how many HP shot) much or a dry shot can you put into a turbo 6.9 or 7.3, stock? i mean a WOT dry shot. i saw a thing in a diesel mag where they where putting like 100hp shot in a stock beater 1st gen cummins with no problems.

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I nominate this thread for greatest tagline ever award.

Paul B

acousticrawk

Reaction score
haha, thanks. if noon eis interested in this nitrous idea, then how does propane work? i hear it pretty kool, but i dont know anything about it, or where to get a kit or what the power advantages are or anything for that matter. haha.

tractorman86

Reaction score
nitrous is like a HOT chick with an STD, you want to hit it hard but youre afraid to.

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
that is quite possibly the greatest thing i have heard in a long time!!! no i wouldn't say you could do that, maybe half that and with head studs only!

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its gonna be trial and error since nobody here has done it. I'd start w/ a handfull of jets and keep increasing it till it starts to put out the flame then back it off a bit. Your probibly not gonna get much over 50HP or so unless your dumping tons of fuel in. The worst thats gonna happen is you stall the engine. To get the most outta it your gonna need to over fuel the engine.
If I could find a place to get the bottles filled around here I would have tested it already. Its another thing on my "To do" list.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Its gonna be trial and error since nobody here has done it. I'd start w/ a handfull of jets and keep increasing it till it starts to put out the flame then back it off a bit. Your probibly not gonna get much over 50HP or so unless your dumping tons of fuel in. The worst thats gonna happen is you stall the engine. To get the most outta it your gonna need to over fuel the engine.
If I could find a place to get the bottles filled around here I would have tested it already. Its another thing on my "To do" list.

I asked this very same question a couple of years ago on TDS. The only response was from a guy who said he had run it on his 6.9. He said it made a good difference, but if you added to much the engine would just stall out and die. I dont think he was running a turbo.

And yes, The alltime best thread title LOL ;Sweet.

acousticrawk

Reaction score
yeah, im digging propane injection. it looks pretty affordable. how hard is it to do head studs or how much does it cost to just have it done? im thinking itd be a good saftey measure if im going to up the fuel a bit, and/or add a more boost ect.

rubberfish

Reaction score
yeah, im digging propane injection. it looks pretty affordable.
Keep in mind that all these propane articles are a few years old now.
Yes propane makes power. It also helps to blow **** up. ;Really
You may want to do a lot of research before you hit it. :)

acousticrawk

Reaction score
haha. im looking at propane. it seems pretty safe as long as its in moderation. i just want it for a burnout now and then and to **** off ricers. and its asthetically cool haha.

im not going to hit it hard, just hit it and quit it. you know...

anyone have any experiance with propane on a turbo IDI? what about the head studs, anyone have any suggestions?

haha

FordGuy100

Reaction score
haha. im looking at propane. it seems pretty safe as long as its in moderation. i just want it for a burnout now and then and to **** off ricers. and its asthetically cool haha.

im not going to hit it hard, just hit it and quit it. you know...

anyone have any experiance with propane on a turbo IDI? what about the head studs, anyone have any suggestions?

haha

If you doing the whole showing off thing (not saying thats a bad thing or anything :D), I would say nitrous is probably a better injectable. I just see it adding more power than propane, but thats just me. And heck, who said you couldnt have both LOL

Turbo IDI, like a factory turbo 7.3? Or a regualar 7.3, or 6.9? Head studs will help out a bunch, they arent all that expensive. ARP makes a kit for the 6.9 that hold 220,000 psi or something. Nobody is really making a set for the 7.3, though some use ARP studs (Russ, aka Typ4 is the man to talk to, he did it on his and they have held up fine). If your looking for good power, then do studs, its just safe insurance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online