NEW DIESEL OWNER HERE AND LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!

pipedream73

Reaction score
Whats up everyone, i have been following the forum for some time now and learned a ton of stuff so want to say thanks to all the diesel heads for being here......;Sweet
So i purchased a 1993 f250 extended cab xlt 4x4 7.3 idi and im in love with the thing!!!cookoo
the truck says it has 110000 on it but who knows these days.. the guy i got it from was not the original owner but the truck is clean.....

anyway, about a month in i changed my oil just to know where it was and to be able to stay on top of it,, while i was at it i had read that it was very important to flush the cooling system on these trucks because of you know what... so as i opened up the radiator cap, what do i find:eek: oil the rad.

just wonderful,,,,, so let me start by saying that at this point i really felt like i bought a lemon but thanks to this forum i was quickly able to know that as long as i had no water on the oil dipstick i was able to change out the oil cooler and be good...... so a new oil cooler went in that weekend..
Im no mechanic but man that was fun....lol lol :mad: and of corse while i was under there taking the old one out i accidentally bumped into a brake line and it just disintegrated :mad: so new brake line it is,, no biggie right? well when it was all back together and it came time to bleed the calipers guess what happened next.....thats right .. SNAP!! there goes the bleeder valves lol lol didn't bother trying to drill them out just replaced two new calipers and pads and on my way i went. so i will say this,, even after all of that and feeling like i got a lemon,, the fact is that i didn't and the truck is absolutely wonderful and I'm just that much more closer to it now so once again i really want to say thanks in advance to everyone here that helps people out and i know if i can help anyone out i will do the same.....
ps.. trying to put in a picture and it won't work,, maybe someone can help wit that

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    996.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    980.4 KB · Views: 15

pipedream73

Reaction score
thanks kzf250 I'm having lots of fun with it i finally found the badges for the sides to can't wait to put them on plus bigger tires lol

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome, and congrats,
call the oil cooler change a blessing, if a brake line disintegrated by touching it, be thankull it didnt happen when you were driving.

ballwad

Reaction score
Congrats, that is a nice lookin' truck. I'm a newbie to. I'm about to buy a 6.9 F350. Excited, but a bit nervous. I know that "lemon" feeling and I do not want to experience it.