Need your opinions....

JLep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning all. I haven't been around here for quite some time, since I haven't had a truck. Been rolling in my diesel Benz, but now I need to find a truck because of a job change. Anyway, I wanted your opinions on a truck I looked at yesterday. It is a 1996 PSD with mileage in the high 300k. A lot has been done to the truck; ball joints, brakes, shocks, $2,800 to the motor alone. It is a very clean truck for it's age. Few dings, mostly just dirt. So, would any of you be afraid to buy this truck? Why? Anyone out there that wouldn't hesitate to buy it? Why? What are some other things I should look for? Test?

Thanks a bunch.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
That's a good bit of miles, from the little info you offered, it's hard to give a honest opinion. It better be really clean, and really cheep for me to consider it. Even with parts put in the engine, there's the rest of the truck, body mounts, rubber door seals, seat foam, window systems, etc. But if you like it and feel you are getitng a good deal and plan on replacing stuff, go for it.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt be afraid of it.

JLep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing happened. So, I get on here and ask everyone's opinion about a truck that I was looking at to buy. Later that night, I'm playing around on my computer and find my old truck. The one in the avatar. Can you believe that? I have regretted selling that truck since the day I drove away from it. Seems as though I'll get a second chance with that guy. Going to pick it up in a week or so hopefully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online