Need brake upgrade for '89 D300

dustydog

89D300 StoneMasonCT
Reaction score
Are there any available aftermarket "floating calipers available for my 1989 D-300? 12,000 GVW! I don't see how this vehicle could have been rated at this weight because the brakes suck with 3 tons of weight. I eat up front lines, pads, rotors and even the master cylinder has been replaced. Better yet are there any "hick" "take the caliper bracket from this and the caliper from that and... solutions out there? I'd like to avoid if at all possible spending a grand on my 330,000 smoking rust bucket if at all possible. Also rear end is blowing wheel cylinders and I can't get drums (hourglass type) so I've been looking for a wrecked F-450/550 with the big square tube Spicer axles and discs to possibly eliminate the drum issue altogether. It was manufactured in 9/88 and had a 12' box and liftgate, now just a 12' flat bed. I got the truck on barter for 24 hours of work ($600) in 1999 because it didn't run (just idle) noticed the wet frame and knew (hoped) it was just a rusty fuel line, hehehe. that was 160,000 realatively trouble free miles ago and in spite of it's dented rusty appearance I still get thumbs up and nice trucks every couple of weeks and that ticks off my snooty new max and strke buddies. : ). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. I'm a "Newbie" here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online