Last edited:

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
And what you see as we're crusing down the road:D :D

Last edited:

CHarlan

Reaction score
The only reason I would get the 450 over the 550 is the fact you can get going a little faster down the road with a 450. the 550's are standard with 4.88 gears, as where the 450's are 4.30's... not too much difference, but it will show when you are trying to haul ass down the road!

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
She's governed at aprox 86mph. Way to many people don't know how to drive a heavy heavy dulley fast let alone with a rolling billboard blowing you all over the road. Try driving this beast going 80 mph with a 30-40 mph crosswind :eek: :eek:

Our new brush truck is a 450 6.0 dulley as it's only got 300gal of water.

It's better to get there a couple of min late than not at all;p

CHarlan

Reaction score
Did it with a 550 Crew Cab, pulling a 36' loaded down cow trailer... no problems.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by CHarlan
Did it with a 550 Crew Cab, pulling a 36' loaded down cow trailer... no problems.

And you're 19 years old driving through city/county traffic on the way to a 13 month old who's not breathing right???

Or running to a rollover where a 25yoa M is traped under the truck in the middle of the interstate & the truck is smoldering.

Or to the lady who called 911 cuz she's having a heart attack & 911 lost contact with her & just has a open line.

Or to the double wide moble home on fire with people inside & the Sheriff trying to break inside to save them.

Or to the fully engulfed garage fire with 50+mph winds where the attached garage is catching the $250,000 home on fire and the family is standing there watching their entire life go up in flames.

Hell I drove a Farmall H with 3 fully loaded (square bale) hay trailers behind me thrugh town when I was 14 without any problem.

However, untill you sit behind the wheel of a emergency vehicle responding to a life or death situation with the adrenalin pumping like crazy you have no idea what it's like. It's way worse than figure 8 racing & that's the craziest thing I've ever done in a car.

BigStroker

Koolege Stoodent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ramprat
And you're 19 years old driving through city/county traffic on the way to a 13 month old who's not breathing right???

Or running to a rollover where a 25yoa M is traped under the truck in the middle of the interstate & the truck is smoldering.

Or to the lady who called 911 cuz she's having a heart attack & 911 lost contact with her & just has a open line.

Or to the double wide moble home on fire with people inside & the Sheriff trying to break inside to save them.

Or to the fully engulfed garage fire with 50+mph winds where the attached garage is catching the $250,000 home on fire and the family is standing there watching their entire life go up in flames.

Hell I drove a Farmall H with 3 fully loaded (square bale) hay trailers behind me thrugh town when I was 14 without any problem.

However, untill you sit behind the wheel of a emergency vehicle responding to a life or death situation with the adrenalin pumping like crazy you have no idea what it's like. It's way worse than figure 8 racing & that's the craziest thing I've ever done in a car.
Agreed

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ramprat

Ramprat:

After a few thousand responses the adrenaline rush subsides. I once never thought it would but that was years ago. ;)

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
After a few thousand responses the adrenaline rush subsides. I once never thought it would but that was years ago. ;)

I quit when the rush was gone. What's it worth risking life and limb when there's no fun involved?
Hey Rampy, your district covers my home, feel free to haul ass as fast as that thing'll go!

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
Originally posted by TPCDrafting

I quit when the rush was gone. What's it worth risking life and limb when there's no fun involved?

TPCDrafting:

I guess I can say I did also since I've been back in school full time for the past year and a half instead of working 72 hours per week. Fifteen years in EMS and now in nursing school....go figure huh? :angel:

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paul
Ramprat:

Yep, no doubt. I was a USAF Security Policeman and after 20 years of that crap it got old having to turn on the reds. However, for the younger guys the hard part is learning that you do not become superman & that traffic parts like the red sea when you come blazing down the road.

For me I'd rather sit in the back seat than drive, to much responsibility when the lights come on & way to many people don't realize how serious that is.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score

Hey Rampy, your district covers my home, feel free to haul ass as fast as that thing'll go!

Hell, I don't have any serious idea why I do it. Guess it's just 2nd nature after all these years. Only had the adrenaline rush a few times since being on the district (it's much more of a rush getting shot at) so that's not a big factor for me.

However, if you saw the house fire we had north of town a couple of months ago I was on the 1st due engine & when we hit the garage we had flame/fire roll over us (I was the hose monkey & could not see the guy on the nozzle I was behind due to the intense flame's for what seemed like several min) that was a freaky rush:eek: :eek:

Don't know how we saved as much of that house as we did the wind was blowing so hard & everything went wrong that could that night:( :(

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score

I quit when the rush was gone

Don't worry our engines ain't powered by Ford :rolleyes: :D :D

Were you on a district or paid at one time??

What part (east or west) of the district do you live in?

Guess I'll have to start looking for you're truck & the guy laughing at me as I drive my old broken down PSD around town LOL LOL ;) ;)

Last edited: