my "new" motor

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I had my monthly talk with Ken at DPS today and I'm next. He's the type that needs a deadline to motivate him (don't we all). Anyway I'm stoked 'cuz I'm next in line and should have my motor back early Feb.

I'm definitely doing ceramic coating, studs, stiffer springs--internal stuff-- and I'm contemplating the external stuff--hi flow IP, injector nozzles, H20, but maybe I'll wait. It seems 250 RWHP is fairly easy, 300 is spendy.

If only money grew on trees.

Barney

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing how it works out. Having a sister who's PHD is in thermal conducting ceramics, and hearing her naysays on our diesels(IDI's) i am really interested in seeing the REAL LIFE results of your test.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
tow,

Tell me more why it should not work, or how it won"t work. Keep in mind that about as much experience as I have with ceramics is a liitle figurine of Garfield the cat I did in art class in HS. Which did turn out pretty good if I say so myself, I mean I'm no picasso but...

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Towcat,

I probably won't report any results on the "test" unless the motor fails. If I have to tear this thing down 1 more time, I'll probably just drive it into the river.

Bud,

It's going into the '84 which will be our TT puller. Before I pulled it, it was determined that #7 had a rod knock, but once it was out I saw that #6 had a piston cooler that had broken off. It was a matter of time and it would have melted. Blessing in disguise, eh?

Barney

Last edited:

rthomas

Reaction score
good thing you tore it down when you did, at work we had new 3406b cat burn up because of a plugged oil squirter
i wonder how they get the ceramic to bond well enough to the aluminum to keep it from flaking off during tempature cycles

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
ya, i cant wait to read about the running motor. Sounds like quite an upgrade.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Staff online