looking for gearvendors adapter(c6)

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a adapter to go behind my c6 to mate to my gearvendor. Let me know if you have one or have seen one for sell somewhere. I have one for the turbo chevy transmissions if yall need one if I find the c6 one.

tech51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 6 moths ago I just googled C6 GV and looked threw the sites and found a some for sale.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
called gear vendor and the c6 adapter with exchange of my chevy adapter is $650. If I dont send mine it will be $900 plus shipping!!:mad:-cuss-cuss:cry:

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is a deal. I will look into that if I can sell a few more things. I need to get something done because I need to build a drive shaft also.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
called gear vendor and the c6 adapter with exchange of my chevy adapter is $650. If I dont send mine it will be $900 plus shipping!!:mad:-cuss-cuss:cry:

You would probably be better off if you bought one outright, and then sold the chevy adaptor on ebay. Just saying ;Sweet

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most of the Chevy adapters sell for around $350 on ebay so I would be in the same boat money wise.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never spent any quality time with a GV, so I don't know how drastically different the mounting system is, but I have a 2WD C6 adapter for a U.S. Gear unit. Might it be possible to take that and engineer an adapter for the GV using that as a template for the tranny side?

I don't want to sell mine (I don't know if I'll ever want to use it, but would like to keep the option open), but I wouldn't be opposed to letting you borrow it to make a template...all I ask is that it be returned at some point.

Probably not worth the trouble, but there if you have any interest...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never spent any quality time with a GV, so I don't know how drastically different the mounting system is, but I have a 2WD C6 adapter for a U.S. Gear unit. Might it be possible to take that and engineer an adapter for the GV using that as a template for the tranny side?

I don't want to sell mine (I don't know if I'll ever want to use it, but would like to keep the option open), but I wouldn't be opposed to letting you borrow it to make a template...all I ask is that it be returned at some point.

Probably not worth the trouble, but there if you have any interest...
tim-
if you can get a BW 1345/1356 adapter in exchange of the C6, your interests would be better served.
lookie......
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GEAR...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories.
why? the addition of double OD for you would be much simpler than going the USG route. no front driveshaft lengthing and crossmember relocation. the GV would also be a good proof-in-concept by lower upfront costs to study if the driveability warrants going USG. just my .02.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you sir for the heads up and I got a message from him today. I left him a message but he has not called me back and it looks like I have a deal going for a strait trade with a guy that has been looking for a 400 setup for over 2 months. I feel great about this deal as I will get what I need and my part will be going into a 1970 SS 454 El Camino. I am a ford man but I do love all muscle cars and truck!:sly

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no sir thanks for asking. I traded my chevy one for the c6 adapter quite a while back and have it in the truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online