looking for a cargo trailer

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
any thoughts on this? i'm looking for something in the 8/8.5 x 16 ft range. for hauling tools, cabinets, my tractor, firewood, etc.

the ones i have been looking at are dual 3500 axles. this will give me about 4000-4200 payload. tractor weighs 2900 and i'd guess that would be the heaviest thing i'd carry except maybe firewood. i guy i know has one used with (he says) dual 5000 lb axles.

just looking for insight on a good bang for my buck.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
looking at a Continental Cargo fiberglass wall trailer. has tandem 5200 lb axles and studless fiberglass walls. 2000 lb rated ramp in back and a side door. model WE816TA3. i googled the model and came up with zilch. anyone have any experience with Continental?

Crumm

No Comment
Reaction score
I have been dragging around a Wells Cargo since 1994 and it has held up great. Several trips to and from the lower 48 along with many miles in the state. Would highly recommend them.

You must be registered for see images attach

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
thanks for the link. i did find a little info but it doesnt seem like Continental Cargo is as big or well known as Haulmark and others. this trailer seems beefy though, 6" steel joists on 16" centers under the floor and the 5200 lb axles. no studs in the walls seems like a pain to mount shelving etc but i guess i could fab something up inside. it's a 2006 8x16x 6.5 with 2 roof vents, 2 lights on the ceiling and several wall vents and he's asking $3700. after shopping around i couldnt get a new one that size with even the 3500 lb axles for any less than 5500. name brand that is, i did find some internet "bargains"

i guess i'll see how it pans out with this guy.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
nice trailer, i think he put in an extra zero by mistake. too long for me though. it would be nice to have a car hauler but i dont know how much i'd utilize it. if i started hotshotting i'd need a better truck and that's not in the cards.

i drew a line at 16 ft for maneuverability reasons. i have a handshake agreement with this guy on the trailer mentioned above.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i'm trying to talk the wife into selling the pop-up and just setting up the air mattress in the cargo trailer. for some reason she's not interested:dunno

if the toy hauler trailers weren't so dang expensive i'd get one of those but it looks like we're campin in the pop-up for a few more years. sooner or later i'll get my hard sided camper.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
i'm trying to talk the wife into selling the pop-up and just setting up the air mattress in the cargo trailer. for some reason she's not interested:dunno

if the toy hauler trailers weren't so dang expensive i'd get one of those but it looks like we're campin in the pop-up for a few more years. sooner or later i'll get my hard sided camper.

A guy down the road from us has one of the Scorpion haulers. 1 person can set it up in less than 5 minutes ;Sweet ...even has a porch extension so with air mattresses, a whole herd can sleep LOL

They tow real sweet due to low stance so wind effects it very little.

He has had a total of 4 big machines on it!
He is selling his for $10,500 Shame it's a specific duty unit or we snatch that bad boy up!

not his but one identical...
You must be registered for see images

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
nope no way i'm getting another pop up of any sort. i was talking about the hard sided campers with the ramp door in the back.. but really, the cargo trailer i'm getting is perfect for what i need it for, the camping issue is completely seperate.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
nope no way i'm getting another pop up of any sort. i was talking about the hard sided campers with the ramp door in the back.. but really, the cargo trailer i'm getting is perfect for what i need it for, the camping issue is completely seperate.

OH!....you want one of THEM.....BIG$$$$$$ there , not to mention the ones I have seen, reak of gas and oil :puke:, especially the ones where the bunks double as racks cookoo ....great concept-poor execution for upwards of $30k.

One of the guys who rides at Busco hauls 3 in his--angled up-piggyback style.....that's wayyy too much work ;Really

Your idea sounds good Rob for a double duty box....at least you can clean out the floor, unlike the toy haulers that either have vinyl and /or carpet cookoo :dunno

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online