Looking at a truck with bad transmission syncros

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
I phoned about a F-Superduty today its got 214,000kms on it and I wondered why it wasn't sold yet they only want 10,000 for it. The truck is got a 5spd but the 2nd and 4th syncros are gone how expensive is this to repair ?

The truck is a PSD there are no good low kilometers IDIs anymore forsale usually they have over 250,000kms on them or they are thrashed and worn out. The truck is a 96.

I know I should be posting this upstairs but the question is about the transmission which is the same as the one used in our IDI trucks. I know 3rd gear syncro is gone in my truck it grinds time to time but if I shift it like a Fuller Road Ranger it doesn't grind.

If the syncros are gone I'am I looking at a rebuilt transmission or pull it out and pull the top off and change the syncros ?

I'am gonna go look at a couple trucks tommorow hopefully I come home with one of them. My old IDI just can't take much more of the commuting to work the engine runs fine but the rest of the truck is groaning. Then I want to get a truck so I can put a dump body on it and get ready to get back into the landscaping this fall.

This one truck with the bad syncros if its a easy fix I think it would be a good deal. It doesn't have a dump body on it I will have to do that myself.

If you have any ideas much appreciated I would like to get a ball park figure on what I will have to spend to fix the transmission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online