input on dyeing interior

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
Need some input or thoughts, i have found a few dashes locally but so far nothing blue, I have found several gray ones so has anyone had good luck with dyes for interior plastic, if so what brand and where did you get it, I would like something extremely close to the factory blue so I dont have to pull all of my trim back out and dye it all.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Youre not gonna find anything in a rattle can.no matter what they say,its never close.go to an auto paint supply or a body shop.they can mix up paint specifically for what youre doing in the factory colors.prep the parts right and the paint will never come off.

Was hoping you were talking about seats cuz id love to have black interior in my truck

sassyrel

Reaction score
Youre not gonna find anything in a rattle can.no matter what they say,its never close.go to an auto paint supply or a body shop.they can mix up paint specifically for what youre doing in the factory colors.prep the parts right and the paint will never come off.

Was hoping you were talking about seats cuz id love to have black interior in my truck

I found rattle can colors,,for dying plastic,,at a body shop supply near me. it was a almost perfect match....if you didn't know it,,you couldn't tell it....

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on when you got it,supply houses can now mix and can their thier own colors.SEM also has it.ive never had any luck with the rattle can stuff.either didnt match or started flaking off in 6months

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I am not talking about rattlecan paint I am talking about dyes I know darrin has used them in big ed but that is a garage kept truck and I was hoping to find someone elses input because my truck spends a lot of time outside

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
These are the closest you will ever get to matching the factory colors.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    952.6 KB · Views: 4

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Getting the surface cleansed and degreased thoroughly is imperative to allow the product to adhere properly and that's going to determine how long it'll last.